Zack/Aerith - Cloud/Tifa (SPOILERS)

#101BlackFlareVivi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2008 8:35:09 PM
Plus the whole Cloud/Tifa thing that has been confirmed now. I think that also confirms the Zack/Aerith thing, though, so that's okay. If anything, if she ever was in love with Cloud to any degree, upon seeing Zack in the lifestream I'm sure she fell out. Either that or when she figured out Cloud's true feelings towards Tifa, she moved on, which was probably much easier for her to do considering she didn't know the real Cloud at all and they had known each other for such a short period of time. It took her 4 years to move on from Zack, and it's kind of evident that she never really did, what with her asking about Zack and if anybody knew anything about him, trying to hang onto one sliver of hope that he was still alive somewhere.
---
Oh neat my girlfriend and I are going to Gigantour this year. - horsemeat
She hates you. - Noobasaurus
#102BlackFlareVivi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2008 8:38:08 PM
From hgblob
and as I said, they probably had Crisis Core's plot mapped out while they were making Advent Children. Why else would they have included him in the final scenes? Including him in little flashbacks and remembrances is one thing, but including him with Aerith, both with his voice and his appearance is another.

His death and Aeris' were the primary causes of Cloud's guilt in AC. IMO, having Zack and Aeris at the final scene was pretty much to emphasise that they didn't hold Cloud responsible for what happened to them. Cloud spent half the movie wanting release from his guilt and they're there in the finale to grant it and to wish him well.

Much more Aerith's than Zack's, though. And when I say much more, I mean much more. But yeah, you have a point. I think the dialogue between Zack and Aerith "They must be fond of you." "This one's a little too big to adopt!" "Sorry friend, looks like you don't have a place here." was kind of relationship-y, but even if it wasn't, even if nothing in AC pointed to Aerith and Zack being together again, it's only right seeing how Aerith never really got over Zack and never really got into Cloud, and Zack never got over Aerith, so upon seeing each other in the Lifestream, her wish was fulfilled and, well, yeah.

I'm probably becoming less decipherable because it's late.
---
#103ThRiLLa_MaNiLa_Posted 4/2/2008 8:43:03 PM
^ i think what she meant by t"his one is too big to be adopt" means that its not clouds time to go to die or got to the life stream yet. But she meant something similar when the Seph clone (forgot his name) was calling out for mother but aerith came instead..
---
GT: ThriLLa951 , II T from M II
cuz its thrillAAAAA!!! ThriLLa NiGHT!!!
#104BlackFlareVivi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2008 8:44:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that with the adopt line, she was making a joke because Cloud called her mother. It still seems like a playful joke you'd have with a romantic interest of yours (the joke being between Zack/Aerith, not Cloud/Aerith).

Anyway, hgblob, do you have an AIM SN I can contact you on?
---
#105EDrkNLanYugiAshPosted 4/2/2008 8:47:22 PM
The point is Cloud/Tifa and Zack/Aerith. That's the point.
---
I'm Dark Wolf on Pojo.com.
#106BlackFlareVivi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2008 8:50:55 PM
Yes, that is exactly what I've been trying to get across to people by making this topic. Some people have their doubts, and they're entitled to them. I'd just like to see SE put an end to the "up to your interpretation" thing. I'm pretty sure interpretation is out of the window. It's been confirmed that Cloud and Tifa were... pretty intimate. It's been confirmed that Cloud loves Tifa and that Tifa loves Cloud, and it's been confirmed that Zack loves Aerith and Aerith loves Zack, however, nobody can seem to make light of the situation when it comes to Cloud and Aeris still being interested in each other. I personally think there is plenty of evidence that could prove that they aren't, but I'd really appreciate a direct statement/indication from SE to solve the issue.
---
#107BlackFlareVivi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2008 9:01:14 PM
I guess when you think about it, it all works out. If Zack had made it to Aerith instead of dying, the events of FF7 would've still happened (in a different way, but still happened), and Aerith still would've went to the Forgotten City, and still would've died. It's better that Zack dies here, so that when Aerith dies in FF7, they're both together like they should be.

There's another support for Zack/Aerith.
---
#108Dark Cloud 237Posted 4/2/2008 9:06:09 PM
Square is never going to resolve this with an outright statement. They love how we still debate over the relationships between the characters of a 10-year-old game. If they answered all our questions, FF VII wouldn't stay in our minds as much, and they want us to keep thinking about it. More money for them.
---
Dark Cloud 237 just used his FS to OHKO the TC. - GoldenGamer 07
#109EDrkNLanYugiAshPosted 4/2/2008 9:07:46 PM
Agreed. The reason why people don't listen is because they don't want to believe the proof. I have always supported the Cloud/Tifa pairing. And no offense to Aerith fans but I do not like that character. Mainly I used Cloud,TIfa,Cid/Vincent the whole game. But I do like her in CC mostly because you don't have to fight with her.
---
I'm Dark Wolf on Pojo.com.
#110BlackFlareVivi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2008 9:08:58 PM
From Dark Cloud 237
Square is never going to resolve this with an outright statement. They love how we still debate over the relationships between the characters of a 10-year-old game. If they answered all our questions, FF VII wouldn't stay in our minds as much, and they want us to keep thinking about it. More money for them.

They've been answering a lot of our questions recently, and a lot of things are being told, maybe not directly, but are being told nonetheless through things like Case of Tifa. That's what I meant, really.
---