Genesis, Nero, and Weiss???

#1DominionofGodPosted 8/19/2008 3:35:54 AM

POSSIBLE SPOILERS if you haven't beat crisis core and DoC.

Ok, so iv read about the possibility of the whole squeal and relation or whatnot of these three, so i went back and re did DoC and CC to get a refresher of the whole thing.

Obviously the are the "G" reports in DoC (that also mention S) - More then likely refereeing to Project G and Project S in CC which mention that G is sleeping below midgar waiting.. (something like that, been a long day)

Also the ending where Weiss is picked up by a guy with a wing calling him 'Brother'. He is indeed dressed very much like Genesis (perhaps exactly), except he had a different color hair (CC-brown/Doc-black) and the voice was completely completely different. Other then that i would say its Genesis.

Also at the end of CC Zack never did kill genesis completely, and after Zack leaves banora you see the seen of two guys dressed in SOLIDER first class uniforms, come and pick genesis up. They said he is supposed to end up their 'Brother' but will he accept his fate willingly? Now, judging by the camera angles i would say that SE made very sure not to show the faces of these to men. (possibly nero and weiss??) Obviously the brother comments and the numbers add up to that theory, but i did notice while watching the credits to CC that Nero and Weiss are listed. (Voice actors) However i don't remember them being involved in the story (unless their the two guys at the end that pick up genesis) Btw; the two guys came using a Shinra helicopter.

And then you have the G Report in DoC saying that G is sleeping below midgar and the last line in CC Nothing shall forestall my return. Which bring one other thought to mind. If all this is evidence of another squeal; its to well planned to be a coincidence, so SE would have to already be planning this sequel well before CC all the way back to the production of DoC so long ago...

Which brings one last question in regaurds to a sequeal.. if they do who do you think would be the main character/s? I would think cloud and vincet obviously. Clouds link to zack, and vincet for even more obviouse reasons...

#2element4life666Posted 8/19/2008 3:58:36 AM
A bit late to the party are we? We know they guys in the chopper are Nero and Weiss. They have the Deepground logo on their belt buckles and they offer Genesis to join them in the fight with the restrictors but he refuses because by the end of CC he has regained his SOLDIER pride and so locks himself away underneath Midgar until the planet needs him again. Problem with this is why wake up after Omega has been destroyed. Kinda late isn't it?
---
PSN ID: todd360
Currently Playing: MGS4, GTAIV, FFVII: Crisis Core
#3SoloAce00Posted 8/19/2008 8:05:47 AM
^ I bet since G never woke up for Weiss and Co. that Weiss or someone just made sure he was locked away. In that case, since Weiss and them seemed to be out to destroy the world G would never wake up and fight against them.
---
If you are/fall into any of these - Fail. Full of suck. Are just stupid. Cannot read. Cannot read Faqs. Cannot search. - Don't bother talking to me. You lose.
#4VinCon01Posted 8/19/2008 10:49:51 AM
DOC SPOILERS

^ I bet since G never woke up for Weiss and Co. that Weiss or someone just made sure he was locked away. In that case, since Weiss and them seemed to be out to destroy the world G would never wake up and fight against them.

The CC Ultimania states that Genesis intentionally locked himself away. And Weiss wasn't out to destroy the world...He wasn't even aware of what was going on in most of DoC. Hojo was the one controlling everything. Weiss had actually been dead for a little while by that point. The rest of Deepground was following his orders because they respected him, and because to be honest, Weiss could rip any of them apart without much effort. Rosso and Azul are among the strongest in DG, and he rapestomped both of them at the same time in their strongest forms with one hand.

Problem with this is why wake up after Omega has been destroyed. Kinda late isn't it?

To leave open the possibility of another sequel in which he can save the world. Though one does have to wonder what the hell he was waiting for during FFVII, AC, and DoC. In FFVII we could probably pull the excuse that, since he'd just imprisoned himself, he was probably too weak to do anything because of his injuries. But after the two years leading up to AC, and the three leading up to DoC?

---
The post is clearly trolling, regardless of intent. - GameFAQs Moderation Staff
#5SaydeWindsaurPosted 8/19/2008 10:53:00 AM
It's not anything new, but congrats to the TC anyways for coming to these conclusions on his/her own.

Problem with this is why wake up after Omega has been destroyed. Kinda late isn't it?

Or better yet, why didn't he wake up to aid in the meteor crisis?

I'm not really sure about that. Weiss just wanted to take control over deepground and escape from the restrictor's rule. Unfortunately, he died shortly after accomplishing his goal. I don't think it was ever stated whether or not he had any intentions of destroying the world. It turned out to be Hojo who was behind all of that. So perhaps, maybe it was Hojo who could've done what you're suggesting. Besides, Genesis seemed neither for nor against Weiss's ambitions.

I personally think Genesis returned for the obvious reason -- another major crisis is on the way and this time, Genesis finds it enough of a threat to wake up. It just seems easier to make a story out of that scenario as suppose to Genesis waking up and discovering he's still not needed attm.

I hope any sequels involving Genesis explain why he came back now as suppose to the events in FFVII and DoC.
#6SaydeWindsaurPosted 8/19/2008 10:54:38 AM
and sure enough Vin beats me to it, basically paraphrasing everything I posted. Nice.
#7DominionofGod(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2008 3:08:55 PM
yea, that would be a hell of a story.. Genesis and Weiss try to save the world... 0.o
#8DominionofGod(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2008 3:12:06 PM

element4life666 posted...
A bit late to the party are we? We know they guys in the chopper are Nero and Weiss. They have the Deepground logo on their belt buckles

Forgive me.. i wasnt looking at two random guys waist area...

#9DominionofGod(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2008 3:16:02 PM

VinCon01 posted...

To leave open the possibility of another sequel in which he can save the world. Though one does have to wonder what the hell he was waiting for during FFVII, AC, and DoC. In FFVII we could probably pull the excuse that, since he'd just imprisoned himself, he was probably too weak to do anything because of his injuries. But after the two years leading up to AC, and the three leading up to DoC?

They could say that since FFVII/AC and DoC did involve mainly his friend sephiroth and his brother Weiss, that he had no desire to fight either of them. Since in CC (other then the training session) they almost refused to fight each other

#10SoloAce00Posted 8/19/2008 3:49:16 PM
It'd been too long since DoC. I forgot that Hojo was the real main villain. Oh well.

As for during FFVII, I bet it took much more power than even G realized it would to put himself to that kind of sleep. So he wasn't able to wake. AC seemed to not take long after FFVII, so perhaps feeling that Cloud was around was enough for G, if he was aware of it at the time.
---
If you are/fall into any of these - Fail. Full of suck. Are just stupid. Cannot read. Cannot read Faqs. Cannot search. - Don't bother talking to me. You lose.