Secret Costumes in cutscenes

#1Lozza01Posted 1/22/2009 3:00:59 PM
When I do a 2nd playthrough and wear Leon's RPD outfit, how come he isn't wearing it in the cutscenes? The only reason I ask is that I have seen videos on youtube of Leon and Ashely wearing their secret costumes in cutscenes.

Do you have to get to the point where Leon loses his jacket?

Many thanks in advance!

P.S. I have the PAL PS2 version.
#2kuterPosted 1/22/2009 3:20:42 PM
those video are from the GC or the Wii, sadly, the PS2 of RE4, they had to remove so many add-on so they could port it...
---
Cod4 Name : Kuter666
#3MurphysGhostPosted 1/22/2009 3:32:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4kuterPosted 1/22/2009 4:55:19 PM
added content? lmao, IMO you probably didnt notice the huge downgrade in graphic,Lighting effect,Remove of water in certain area and several other awsome effect, remove of background "Village chapter&island* seriously, they only added Seperate ways so it wasnt just a cheap ass port and wanted to give fans a better reason to buy it
---
Cod4 Name : Kuter666
#5MurphysGhostPosted 1/22/2009 4:56:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6MurphysGhostPosted 1/22/2009 5:01:12 PM
The graphics aren't much different. I can play them side by side.

The sound is definitely duller, but Separate Ways is IMO very fun. I've played it a number of times. I also think the weapons they added are decent to play with.

On the other hand, I myself didn't appreciate the tone of my earlier comment, which is why I deleted it.

In terms of gameplay, the ps2 version offers a bit more than the GC, though there are drawbacks like the costumes in scenes (which bothers me) and the somewhat muddier sound and ever-so-slightly worse graphics (which don't really).
#7_oddheadPosted 1/23/2009 10:33:20 AM
The GC release comes in 2 discs, and the PS2 port is on just one. To make that sort of squeeze possible, you've got to make some sacrifices.

---
You are probably less complicated than you think.
#8superdvdPosted 1/30/2009 11:43:19 AM
Actually, the reason the costumes don't show up in cut-scenes is because the cut-scenes are all pre-rendered. Like final fantasy FMVs... or RE2/3 intro/ending scenes. The GC does them in real-time (or thats what I read) so they show up.