RPD Leon Costume and Tactical Body Armor?

#1Chilly82Posted 2/28/2009 11:33:05 AM
I just finished the game for the first time ( got up as far as chapter 5 on the gamecube version before my friend demanded his game back). It was a blast, better than I had remembered, can't wait for RE5!

Anyway I know that the RPD costume comes with body armor automatically. I still have the body armor from my last game ( playing a new game plus) and I was wondering, If I keep it will I get even more defense from the body armor and RPD suit combined? or should I sell it for Infinite Rocket Launcher money? Thanks.

Also, if you die in Assignment Ada do you have to start the entire minigame all over?
#2MookietheboldPosted 2/28/2009 11:40:25 AM
The RPD outfit only acts as a tactical vest on the NTSC GC version in normal mode. And no, the defense doesn't stack on that version.
---
welcome to the working week
#3MookietheboldPosted 2/28/2009 11:41:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4IshmaelForsakenPosted 2/28/2009 12:53:19 PM
Actually, I thought you could continue from retry point like in the main game. Am I wrong? I could have sworn this was true.
---
"Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."
R.I.P. Dragon
#5shadowsofdawnPosted 2/28/2009 1:02:37 PM
You can continue from a save point in Assignment Ada.
#6Jahorgan89Posted 2/28/2009 1:10:27 PM
There are no save points in Assigment Ada, but if you die or just wish to go back a little you can continue from a continue point (everytime the game has to load when you open a door). There is no way to keep progress in Assignment Ada, so you have to beat it in one go (took me about an hour).

There are save points in Separate Ways.
---
Nankurunaisa
"Live Today For Tomorrow"
#7MookietheboldPosted 2/28/2009 1:25:26 PM
There are no save points in Assigment Ada, but if you die or just wish to go back a little you can continue from a continue point. There is no way to keep progress in Assignment Ada, so you have to beat it in one go.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Should have explained it better. >_>
---
welcome to the working week
#8Chilly82(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2009 3:42:19 PM
Heh unfortuneatly I've just went through Assignment Ada with extreme fear and caution of dying, believing it would make me restart the entire minigame. Even though I did not die at all, I probably would've relaxed more had I known. At least I got that annoying mini game done. Now I just need to beat Separate Ways, Mercanaries, Professional mode, and unlock the secret weapons.

Mercenaries sure is tough, I only got a 2 star rank on castle stage with Leon for my first try. But I'm sure I'll get used to it. And I will keep my body armor for my new game plus.

Thanks for the help guys.