Useful Trivia

#1JoveHackPosted 3/23/2012 6:25:48 PM(edited)
If you scare off an item-dropping bird, leave the area and return. It will be back on its original perch.

When you sell a weapon to the Merchant, he pays for the ammo as well.

If you re-visit Mendez' bedroom and trigger the cutscene, the window will be broken out afterward. This is visible from outside, in the front. The window can be used to snipe the Dr. Salvadore lurking in the path in front.

A miss with the Mine Thrower counts against your accuracy.

Sometimes there's a third snake free-roaming in the swamp/platform area.

Fish can be killed with grenades.

QTEs that involve rapid keypresses require the key to be pressed fast and hard. Rapid light presses will fail.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#2red255Posted 3/23/2012 9:39:04 PM
to fire ashley's ballistic missles, stand behind her and woggle your joystick.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#3BimmyLeePosted 3/23/2012 11:13:13 PM
JoveHack posted...
QTEs that involve rapid keypresses require the key to be pressed fast and hard. Rapid light presses will fail.

Interesting; didn't know that.
A DualShock1 (which lacks analog buttons) should work great for this then.

I love my DualShock1... I gotta buy me one or two more as currently I only own one.
#4JoveHack(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2012 8:59:29 AM
JoveHack posted...

BimmyLee posted...
Interesting; didn't know that.
A DualShock1 (which lacks analog buttons) should work great for this then.

I love my DualShock1... I gotta buy me one or two more as currently I only own one.

I suspect the game's QTEs require a controller with pressure sensitive buttons, like the Dual Shock 2. Pretty sure the Dual Shock 1 didn't have pressure sensitive buttons.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
#5BimmyLeePosted 3/24/2012 11:12:46 AM
^ Yeah, it doesn't have pressure sensitive (analog) buttons; that's the point. So no matter how hard or light you press them, it always counts as a "full" press. This means that in the case of the QTEs you mention, you can get away with rapid light presses, because even light presses give out "full strength" outputs with the DualShock1. (I just tested this myself.)

Sorry for derailing the thread, BTW...this DualShock1 business is kind of off-topic.
#6JoveHack(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2012 9:05:01 PM
BimmyLee posted...
^ Yeah, it doesn't have pressure sensitive (analog) buttons; that's the point. So no matter how hard or light you press them, it always counts as a "full" press. This means that in the case of the QTEs you mention, you can get away with rapid light presses, because even light presses give out "full strength" outputs with the DualShock1. (I just tested this myself.)

Sorry for derailing the thread, BTW...this DualShock1 business is kind of off-topic.

It's trivia and it's useful in the game. Qualifies for on-top as far as I'm concerned.

More, mostly stuff I learned about via FAQ, video walkthrough, or other spoiler.

- There's a red herb on the ground to the right behind the "Pueblo" sign just before the first pair of dynamite tripwires (with the beartrap in between) on the first path in Ch 1-1. This is shortly after the dog/wolf in a beartrap.

- There's some 9mm ammo in the shed on the left side of the locked building in the Pueblo.

- Also in the Pueblo, there's a green herb in a shed on the left side of the building with a locked inner door.

- There's a tall standing barrel around behind the manure filled building on the north of the farm, just behind the tree with the hanging blue emblem. Sometimes has a random item.

- There's another red herb on the ground on the overlook of the lake, on the left at the base of a tree.

- After defeating Del Lago, and night falls, every box, barrel and nest respawns in the Pueblo, in the swamp/platform area, the church, the farm, and the west side of the lake. All nests except those in the church/cemetary area will be empty, however.

- If you return to the Church after rescuing Ashley there are two crossbow zealots. One of them drops $5k pesetas when killed.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
#7JoveHack(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2012 12:16:15 PM
I haven't positively confirmed these yet, but they seem to be true.

Knife and sickle throwing Ganados won't throw if they're not in Leon's field of view, much as Colmillos are less likely to perform their lunge/bite attack if they're not in Leon's field of view.

I don't think this applies to crossbow enemies.

So if you're standing at the top of a ladder knifing down climbers, position Leon so that any throwing enemies aren't in his field of view.

This next tip is courtesy Lao Commando.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/625524-resident-evil-4-hd/61427955

Lao Commando posted... 1/12/2012 11:52:56 PM
Resident Evil 4 - Pro Mode Walkthrough New Game Part 9 by HixXxXxiH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyQ9jEVbbb0&NR=1&t=1m35s

...if he sent Ashley up the other side for the crank turning, a lot less enemies come after Leon. Trying to knife enemies into the water won't even be needed since only about 5 of them come in, none of them with shields.

I've tried that on a few playthroughs on Pro. It seems to hold up. I hate the Water Maze room enough to not want to try it the hard way.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
#8JoveHack(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 9:10:49 AM
- I've pretty much confirmed that throwing enemies (as opposed to crossbow enemies) won't throw knives/sickles at Leon if they're not in his field of view. This explains the walkthrough videos I've seen where Leon's standing sideways at the top of the ladder, knifing down climbing Ganados.

- Enemies that die falling off of a ladder never sprout a Plagas. This can be useful, especially vs specific enemies that will always sprout a Plagas if killed in any other way.

- Simply shooting the shield of a shield carrying zealot/militia without hitting the zealot counts against the accuracy percentage.
-- Knifing a shield-carrier as he climbs a ladder avoids this problem.
-- The Punisher, one of the rifles, one of the Magnums, or the Handcannon can get around this by shooting through the shield to hit the enemy carrying it.
-- Green high-explosive grenades or red incendiary grenades are another way to deal with shield enemies without lowering your accuracy score.
-- shooting an adjacent enemy with a shotgun blast that gets the shield enemy with overspray also work.

- In the fight vs U3, the door switch in the third dropping
platform can be released with a green hand grenade from the back side.

- The "dragons" in the lava room can be dropped with a blue flash grenade from the front.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
#9_KupopoPosted 3/28/2012 4:43:34 PM
- Leon is immune to the Colmillos' leap attack if he's not facing them, since he has no animation getting bit from behind.

- You can kill the Red Zealot without him using the Gatlin gun by jumping down a platform and shooting him at the stairs.

- Krauser's weakness is the knife, as it is implicated in the cutscenes.
#10JoveHack(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2012 1:23:53 PM
Thanks for the post, _Kupopo.

- If you don't immediately pick up the plagas key in Chief Mendez house to bring about the end of Ch 1-2, you can loot all the way down the path in complete safety, up to the gate to return to the Pueblo. (Credit to theonyxphoenix's Pro mode walkthrough for this one.)

- Fish in the Lake can be killed with the harpoon from the boat, then gathered up for healing, or selling to the Merchant on the lake.

- When selling large numbers of items to the Merchant, press the down arrow once to sell all you have of the currently selected item.

- The Maze and the Armory (with the free rocket launcher) are best looted after freeing Ashley and finishing chapter 3-4, because the enemies there despawn. Especially since you'll probably be backtracking to get the Broken Butterfly in any case.
-- So leave anything you don't absolutely have to have. Just be sure to make plenty of space, because there's a lot of extra loot in those three areas combined.

- After the wrecking ball/lava room, Leon can position himself and Ashley at the far end of the first side room, just so, then do a "Wait/Follow" command to Ashley to activate the first Regenerator.

- When facing Krauser, if Leon reloads in the second building (with two barrels below and a grenade on the roof), two little flying robots will appear right outside the windows. One more reason to stick to the knife for this fight.

- After rescuing Ashley for the final time, she and Leon can return all the back to the cells with the regenerator to pick up any missed items.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved