Repairing assault speeders

#1kasiilPosted 2/28/2008 11:12:14 AM

Is it possible to repair assault speeders? I've hovered them over repair stations. I've hit the "Stop" button, too. They don't get repaired. Not a terrible thing, since they're dirt cheap, but it does affect the strategy of how many to bring to a battle.

#2AlgolagniaPosted 2/28/2008 4:26:30 PM
R2D2/C3PO should be able to repair them using their vehicle repair ability.
#3kasiil(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2008 7:09:57 AM

Nope. Tried it a couple of nights ago. I got a damaged speeder and hovered it for R2/3P0. I then clicked the repair button, but wasn't allowed to select the speeder. My assessment is that you can't repair speeders. As I originally posted, their price makes that not so bad, but if you lose all your reinforcement points, you can't fix the speeders you have and must conserve them.

#4AlgolagniaPosted 3/6/2008 4:01:28 PM

I always use Lancets, because I use the empire but I typically never lose one because the AI doesnt know how to handle air vehicles very well. Most units can attack them but you have to specifically tell them to. The only thing that will auto-target an air unit is an anti-air turret, or anti-air vehicle like the AT-AA's.

#5kasiil(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2008 4:55:41 PM

Aren't Lancets from FoC? I don't recall them in the original EAW. I also don't recall the cost, but I find it unlikely they're less than the 150 for assault speeders.

#6AlgolagniaPosted 3/10/2008 7:47:10 PM
kasiil posted...

Aren't Lancets from FoC? I don't recall them in the original EAW. I also don't recall the cost, but I find it unlikely they're less than the 150 for assault speeders.

Yeah they are FoC, I was just mentioning them because they operate the same way just slower moving. The whole reason the empire was given Lancets/AT-AA's in FoC is because of the auto-attack problems I mentioned. Stormtroopers, AT's, etc can all shoot at flying units but they don't do it automatically so I was wondering how your speeders are getting so damaged vs. the AI.

What role are you using them for also? They are not very good for anything but taking out vehicles, and indigenous buildings(they are worth their weight in gold on maps like Coruscant, but not really anywhere else).

#7AlgolagniaPosted 3/10/2008 7:58:03 PM

I just use them for attacking indigenous buildings, for AT-AT's I use plex squads/infiltrators(time bombs damage the AT-AT, and will kill any troopers it's trying to drop out of it's belly as well as anything standing directly beside it) running interference with T2-B's.

I typically use Mon Mothma's current location(Geonosis is my preferred planet to keep her on because of the high building count, and indigenous support which make it easily defended.) to train speeders for all planets I control.

#8AlgolagniaPosted 3/10/2008 8:21:28 PM
to train speeders, etc for all planets I control