:( :( :( help help

• Topic Archived
8 years ago#1
I deleted star wars empire at war and now when i try to install it again it says it cant find it. what do i do?:(
8 years ago#2
A little more information please? Is there an error mesage, what does it say. Is the disk damaged ect.
8 years ago#3
Did you delete the files instead of uninstalling it properly?
"well you only have 2 gigs ram. and BF 2142 takes up 1.5 and CoH takes up 1 but right there your at 2.5 gigs and you have 2."
8 years ago#4
It says: "Windows can not find C:/Program Files/Lucasarts/Star Wars Empire at War/ LaunchEAW.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search." I have already tried searching for it 5 times and i also typed the name correctly too. I think i messed it up when i deleted it instead of un-installing it. Do i have to buy a new one? Thanks
8 years ago#5
I had the same problem yesterday, i just put in the disk and checked the files on the dvd disk, and i found a uninstal.exe file, clicked on it and voila it was gone and i could reinstal it and everything works fine today.
A true gamer isn't a fanboy
8 years ago#6
You have three options.
1. Try to find that launcher file on the CD.
2. Manually edit your registry to uninstall the game properly.
3. Reinstall Windows.
"well you only have 2 gigs ram. and BF 2142 takes up 1.5 and CoH takes up 1 but right there your at 2.5 gigs and you have 2."
8 years ago#7
Hey, first up, im an absolute noob with software etc lol. so just clearing that up. anywhoo my problem is similar, i had EAW installed + FoC, but i found a handfull of mods i wanted to try, so then i went ahead and deleted/uninstalled EAW. Now when i insert the disk it brings up a message saying ;
"Windows cannot find 'F:\packs\LaunchEAW.exe' . Make sure you typed the name correctly. and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."
So if anyone could help i would be v.greatful! Thanks again.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived