:( :( :( help help

#1GunntasPosted 3/22/2008 6:39:12 PM
I deleted star wars empire at war and now when i try to install it again it says it cant find it. what do i do?:(
#2nala2624Posted 3/23/2008 9:34:25 AM
A little more information please? Is there an error mesage, what does it say. Is the disk damaged ect.
#3NeoBasiliskPosted 3/23/2008 6:55:02 PM
Did you delete the files instead of uninstalling it properly?
---
"well you only have 2 gigs ram. and BF 2142 takes up 1.5 and CoH takes up 1 but right there your at 2.5 gigs and you have 2."
#4Gunntas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2008 10:21:49 AM
It says: "Windows can not find C:/Program Files/Lucasarts/Star Wars Empire at War/ LaunchEAW.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search." I have already tried searching for it 5 times and i also typed the name correctly too. I think i messed it up when i deleted it instead of un-installing it. Do i have to buy a new one? Thanks
#5AzodirPosted 3/26/2008 3:22:04 AM
I had the same problem yesterday, i just put in the disk and checked the files on the dvd disk, and i found a uninstal.exe file, clicked on it and voila it was gone and i could reinstal it and everything works fine today.
---
A true gamer isn't a fanboy
#6NeoBasiliskPosted 3/27/2008 8:05:28 AM
You have three options.
1. Try to find that launcher file on the CD.
2. Manually edit your registry to uninstall the game properly.
3. Reinstall Windows.
---
"well you only have 2 gigs ram. and BF 2142 takes up 1.5 and CoH takes up 1 but right there your at 2.5 gigs and you have 2."
#7wheeldonPosted 3/28/2008 4:20:28 AM
Hey, first up, im an absolute noob with software etc lol. so just clearing that up. anywhoo my problem is similar, i had EAW installed + FoC, but i found a handfull of mods i wanted to try, so then i went ahead and deleted/uninstalled EAW. Now when i insert the disk it brings up a message saying ;
"Windows cannot find 'F:\packs\LaunchEAW.exe' . Make sure you typed the name correctly. and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."
So if anyone could help i would be v.greatful! Thanks again.