Big problem with Galactic Conquest Mode

#1CulandoKoumoriPosted 10/25/2009 1:01:51 PM
Alright, I've picked Empire at War back up after some time. I never properly played it, always used cheats to blast through (single player only of course), but now I'm going to play it legit. Only problem is, the game has decided to be impossible to play.

Example: I start a small 8 planet map on Easy mode as Empire. Max starting creds and starting at Tech 3. I start building up my defenses and after a few minutes, the Rebels attack one of my best defended worlds. Then I notice Admiral Ackbar is leading a HUGE Rebel fleet against me. Needless to say, my two Victory destroyers and other small units stand no chance against a hero unit and his massive fleet.

Did something in the game break? I don't even know how they managed to get that huge an advantage over me in such little time, but I just got overwhelmed within minutes of starting the game on EASY. I don't remember starting with Ackbar when I played the same Conquest map on the Rebel side. Not to mention, when I was playing on the Rebel side, I got side missions to conquer Taris cause it was undefended. It was WELL defended.

Can anyone help me with this? It has nothing to do with mods or cheats. It's freshly installed on my new laptop and patched to 1.05.

Thanks in advance.