Help with XML Editing

#1OceanchanPosted 11/17/2009 6:11:41 PM
I've been editing my XML files (with the latest version and the XML files download, along with EaW Editor program) and I cant't seem to get them to take effect.

Can anyone help me with getting them to work? (Do I rename the containing folder to config.meg, and delete the old one, or just delete config.meg so it is forced to target XML folder instead?)
#2DarthmalificusPosted 11/17/2009 7:26:42 PM
you need to create an XML folder and dump the edited files in there. the map should read as follows

starwarsempireatwar/gamedata/data/xml

hope that makes sense man
---
A REAL tree hugger is a woman bent over hugging a tree screaming more more more!!!!! hahaha
#3Oceanchan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2009 7:29:11 PM
Well, the patch certainy goes to there, but it continues. C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\Data\XML\DATA\XML is the ENTIRE path to the actual XML files. Their defantely edited, both with EaW Editor and manually in notepad, but no changes have been elicted. The XML file downloader said that it SHOULD overwrite the config.meg, so I'm thinking I should delete that for it to see the XML, or should I move the C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\Data\XML\DATA\XML (final XML folder) into the first XML contact, instead of being three folders deep?