WIndows 7

#1SirRohan12Posted 12/3/2009 4:47:04 PM
I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 64 bit preinstalled on it and I bought the Best of PC pack, along with it, solely due to nostalgia for KOTOR and Jedi Outcast. Anyway, all of those games run wonderfully for me, but for some reason this one, whenever I try to run the program the cursor turns to a timer for a second and it doesn't open, no error message or anything. I tinkered with the compatibility settings as well with no luck. I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered or heard about this and if there is any sort of a solution. Thanks.
#2heilgunslingerPosted 12/4/2009 5:14:27 PM
Hmm... I just installed the original release (non Best of PC version) and it ran fine on 7.

On a side note I now remember why I stopped playing. Totally got slaughtered on easy. Sheesh.
---
You must have trained your mind and body long and hard in order to achieve this magnificent feat of being so completely and utterly wrong. - baron von toast
#3Jmaster3265Posted 12/9/2009 7:20:15 PM
UnholyPaladin posted...
I just got a new laptop with Windows 7 64 bit preinstalled on it and I bought the Best of PC pack, along with it, solely due to nostalgia for KOTOR and Jedi Outcast. Anyway, all of those games run wonderfully for me, but for some reason this one, whenever I try to run the program the cursor turns to a timer for a second and it doesn't open, no error message or anything. I tinkered with the compatibility settings as well with no luck. I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered or heard about this and if there is any sort of a solution. Thanks.

I'm having a similar issue. I installed the gold pack, I can play the original game, but not the expansion. The game starts, shows a black screen, and the windows 7 loading circle, when I hit the start menu, I get an error message, but the game won't play...

Did you solve your problem?
#4Sierra_AlphaPosted 12/10/2009 9:41:49 PM
For me I figured out that installing FoC updates for EaW will not let me play meaning I can play the orginall game but I can't play it with updates, all it tells me that your game is taking too long to see if it is the orginal game or some BS like that.
#5BladescorpionPosted 1/10/2010 5:08:25 PM
Yeah. I have gold pack and will not let me play... Does the cursor load. I have 32 bit installed.
#6solidsnake7882Posted 1/18/2010 6:26:24 PM
Bladescorpion posted...
Yeah. I have gold pack and will not let me play... Does the cursor load. I have 32 bit installed.

Same issue I can play EAW but not corruption.
#7sherlockemeryPosted 1/23/2010 12:10:22 AM
there is a ram fix for 64 bit versions available through lucas arts for the expansion. Also there are Daemon incompatibilities if you have it installed.
---
A person's character is his destiny.
Anyway, I know I'm a cheating bastard!