does the multipayer still work online?

#1mu695Posted 6/17/2010 2:49:49 PM
Does the multipayer still work online?
---
my GT is dark reaper 175 i use google spell checker so if I'm spelling bad that's why
i dupe in fable 2 so i don't care about what i trade!
#2KingGamer770Posted 6/21/2010 8:42:21 PM
Yes, I was playing about a week ago fine after not playing it for about a year. The multiplayer still works fine. But it does not work anymore for me and my two friends. When we go to multiplayer and click internet and sign in the lobby screen loads but then the game freezes except for the sound. This happens to all three of us. We are all running windows 7 and were playing fine until recently, it seemed to happen to us all at the same time. I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if they know how to fix it?
#3jhome12Posted 6/29/2010 6:14:11 AM

King, I'm been playing empire at war/forces of corruption online for about 2 years. Recently, Gamespy's servers on the game have crashed, resulting in the freezing glitch. However, if you wait a certain amount of time on the frozen sceen (its varies between 5 mins to 15 mins), the game should either unfreeze orgive you a Failed to Connect screen. If you get the Failed to Connect screen, immedianety log back in and you should be able to play, no wait.

There is a patch to fix this glitch, but its unofficial, so I wont necessarily recommend it (I havent tried it myself)

http://computerlimbo.com/Thread-empire-at-war-eaw-and-foc-multiplayer-fix