DS WIFI FAQ (Keep Bumped)

#21PhoenixWright0Posted 10/23/2005 10:21:41 PMmessage detail
How will large Mario Kart games work with that number process?
---
"You're wrong. Get over it!"-qwertoman
"If you hit a banana in a straightaway, then you DESERVE to spin out."-smashbrother641 on Mario Kart
#22tienchiha(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2005 10:42:48 PMmessage detail
Well Nintendo isnt trying to make the online portion of the game that large anyway, so it wont have lag. BUT, dont get me wrong, the game is going to be huge, but they narrowed the numbers of racers in online play down to 4 so there wont be too much lag if there even is any period. But when you are playing single card play or multi card, then you can play up to 8 people, because they want the online play to be the slice of the cake.
---
DONT SHOOT!!! I AM NOT A SONY FANBOY
#23tienchiha(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2005 11:07:26 PMmessage detail
Questions and Answers

1: I live in Argentina. Will there be hotspots for DS here (or outside US and Japan)? Or I will have to buy a router?
2: Will there be another place where I can buy the USB connector? I don't want to buy it online, for the simple reason I will have to pay a lot of taxes.
3: How much does the USB connector and the router cost ?

1. I believe they said worldwide also so if they don't do the Mcdonalds thing there, they also stated that they were going to open up alot of their own hot spots, Nintendo Style.
2. You could probably order it straight from Nintendo via phone, the shipping and handling costs are a flat fee of $5.00 for what you are getting, but for anything else under $5.00 shipping is free.
3. When it was announced, it was in Europe, so they estimated that it would be about $53 dollars in America. But this is only an estimate, and it is subject to change.
------------------------------------

Hmm. Does that mean that the wifi thing will be only in the US?
Im Canadian you see~

I don't think Nintendo would do that if they wanted everybody worldwide to play, and trust me, if Nintendo doesn't do it, then some 3rd party developer will, and it will probably be cheaper too.

----------
DONT SHOOT!!! I AM NOT A SONY FANBOY
#24tienchiha(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2005 11:52:21 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25Falco13Posted 10/24/2005 4:13:59 PMmessage detail
How much does it matter how fast and efficient a router is? Would connecting through a router with only a 54 mbps data transfer rate be vastly different from connecting with a router with a 108 mbps transfer rate? Or does the transfer rate even matter?

What I'm trying to ask is would this router be functional and/or fast for my DS?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6227683&productCategoryId=pcmcat25300050001&type=product&tab=4&id=1069299971409
---
What are you looking down here for? I direct you upwards.
#26chewbacca101Posted 10/24/2005 4:35:53 PMmessage detail
What is the price of the Wi-Fi router cost???And the one to use outside the house?
#27ShonshiPosted 10/24/2005 5:32:38 PMmessage detail
hmmm, so when is this adaptor coming out here in the US? cuz I wanna buy it really soon....VERY soon. while I still have the money.
#28ShonshiPosted 10/24/2005 5:33:52 PMmessage detail
hmmm, so when is this adaptor coming out here in the US? cuz I wanna buy it really soon....VERY soon. while I still have the money.
#29Slippery209Posted 10/24/2005 8:10:22 PMmessage detail
Question: I keep hearing about wireless routers and how you can connect multiple computers using one ISP with them. Well, what if you only have one computer in your house? Then what do you do to use the Nintendo DS's wi-fi capabilities?
#30sicknessgcnPosted 10/24/2005 9:59:12 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]