Nintendo DS Wi-Fi FAQ *Please read before posting a Wi-Fi question*

#21MS3FGXPosted 1/2/2006 2:03:26 AMmessage detail
The different WiFi providers, like T-Mobile, determine how you'll need to authenticate or pay for the access.

For instance, since you mentioned T-Mobile (which most Starbucks use) they require a "T-Mobile HotSpot" account, which you have to setup before hand (or get a day pass). These accounts are not free, and will require either an hourly or daily rate, depending on how you sign up.

These particular hotspots require you to log in via a web authentication proxy, which is something the DS can NOT do. The DS cannot connect to a "T-Mobile HotSpot" by itself.

If you want to connect to a "T-Mobile HotSpot", you'll need to have a laptop with you that has the "Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector". You'll need to authenticate with the laptop, then use the USB Connector to serve as an AP for the DS.
---
I am afraid I will have to mark you for trolling in my topic if you dispute the word of the Ultimate Destructor.
#22mrchainsawPosted 1/2/2006 7:45:48 AMmessage detail
Thanks for the help. This link worked better for me: http://www.jiwire.com/

Plus it shows the g and b rather than T-Mobile, etc.
---
I made my parents disappear? I made my parents disappear!
#23nonameyetPosted 1/2/2006 7:57:19 PMmessage detail
I have a problem with my USB connector It keeps say that it can't get my IP adress and I followed directions on the website and it tells me to change the IP adress to 192.168.2.1 but I don't know how.

So I called the place for help and they send me an email to the same place which didn't help. They also said it might be my fire wall and I might need to turn it off.

So I need two things.

1) How do I change my IP adress for the USB connector.

or

2) How do I turn off my fire wall.
---
Noobs are like AIDs they keep spreading.
OMG Friend code MKDS 442444-138359 Name: Deadeyee
#24nonameyetPosted 1/2/2006 8:35:55 PMmessage detail
Hello?
---
Noobs are like AIDs they keep spreading.
OMG Friend code MKDS 442444-138359 Name: Deadeyee
#25Pokeclipse(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2006 9:55:45 PMmessage detail
For your first question, can you link me to the page on nintendowifi.com describing your problem? As for your second, if you don't know how to disable your firewall, you likely don't have one, so don't worry about that.
---
SIGN THE SIGMA STAR SAGA SEQUEL PETITION: http://www.petitiononline.com/SigStar/petition.html [~N~]
#26FlyBird04Posted 1/3/2006 4:04:02 AMmessage detail
I'd like to confirm that the 2Wire-754 DSL modem is wireless and is compatible to the DS. Works like a goddess.

I believe you got this DSL modem when you got SBC Yahoo DSL in 2003-2004.
---
R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero 1967-2005
You will be missed
#27gamer5775Posted 1/3/2006 10:31:24 AMmessage detail
My router uses WPA, its a lynksys, any idea how to change it to WEP? Thats why i cant go inline from my house for my ds or psp! Help please!
#28TaiketoPosted 1/3/2006 11:44:37 AMmessage detail
Is it possible to get online using WPA?

I don't want to change it to WEP if I don't have to... =-\
#29Pokeclipse(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2006 12:14:46 PMmessage detail
No, I don't think it's possible. Nintendo has stated that they only support WEP because it appears to be the standard for wireless networking. Sorry, I don't have a link, but that's basically it. You'll have to disable your WPA, unfortunately.
---
SIGN THE SIGMA STAR SAGA SEQUEL PETITION: http://www.petitiononline.com/SigStar/petition.html [~N~]
#30Lost Soul1357Posted 1/3/2006 8:04:40 PMmessage detail
My friend bought Nintendo's USB connector for Wi-Fi and it doesn't work well. It starts a match on mario kart or will let you in a twon in animal crossing and then disconnects. Does anyone know if the USB connector is compatible with satelite internet or is there something else that is wrong that we could be overlooking? Any positive posts are greatly appreciated.
---
Darkness only hinders the peopple that will allow it to affect them.