Is it normal to have trouble finding DS games at Gamestop?

#1IslamMDPosted 7/9/2011 6:16:05 AM
I tried to look for Games like Advance Wars DS, Castlevania games, and some RPG's and there were unavailable.Why is that I can still find many PS2 games from 5-6 years ago but DS games from a year ago are hard to find.
#2lolaqaPosted 7/9/2011 6:23:48 AM
Advanced Wars, Castlevania and Most RPGs are considered better games, so less people sell them
---
A Wild George W. Bush Appears!
http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii469/mudde80/Pokeball_GO_by_guruji-1.gif
#3PitfallMarioPosted 7/9/2011 6:37:55 AM
^Here's what you do. Go on Gamestop.com and type in the game you are interested in. Then click on the "pick up @ store" icon. Put in your zip code and it will tell you where's the closest Gamestop you will find that game. It's usually pretty up to date. I do it all the time and since I live near 7 Gamestops, I never have problems finding a game.
#4IslamMD(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2011 6:48:52 AM
PitfallMario posted...
^Here's what you do. Go on Gamestop.com and type in the game you are interested in. Then click on the "pick up @ store" icon. Put in your zip code and it will tell you where's the closest Gamestop you will find that game. It's usually pretty up to date. I do it all the time and since I live near 7 Gamestops, I never have problems finding a game.

I did and I live in a major U.S City.
#5CloudStrife630Posted 7/9/2011 8:25:30 AM
Wow and I thought I was the only one who was having a hard time getting good DS games. I went to gamestop a couple days ago and they had a really small amount of DS games. They had no RPG games I was looking for. I'm in need of a good RPG!
#6FrankGrimeyPosted 7/9/2011 8:36:07 AM
Amazon >
---
I'm better than okay. I'm Homer Simpson.
#7BasiltheDragonPosted 7/9/2011 9:31:09 AM
Could you not go into the shop and ask them to order it for you? I have to do that all the time.
#8TsahvongLahPosted 7/9/2011 10:35:57 PM
People tend to keep good Games. Ex. Castlevania

Most of those ps2 games are a dime a dozen used
---
[T]ai[SA]bachi and Black Label Hibachi + Zatsuza
#9skytravelerPosted 7/10/2011 8:29:47 AM
It's because the vast majority of portable gaming sales are either one of about a dozen of the DS' biggest selling games OR are completely random. Very few portable games individually have big followings. Despite the DS' huge nominal system sales figures, if you compare the online community for any given DS game that isn't Pokemon or something of that level of popularity to a random home console game, it would make the DS look dead by comparison and it's been that way for years.
---
I hate affirmation threads and I'm not interested in knowing who agrees with me.
#10Northern_RosePosted 7/10/2011 11:49:57 AM
The thing about looking for used games, is that no matter what store you go to its really hit or miss. Weather its Game Stop, EB Games, local mom and pop game stores or pawn shops etc etc. There is just no way of knowing who will sell/trade what games to what stores and when (if at all) a store will ever get the game you want.

Every time I pass a store that sells used games and I got cash in my purse/bank, I stop in and have a look threw all there used games. Asking about a game your looking for helps too.

There is just no way of knowing who will have what and when. So it pays to be persistant.
---
I am what I am and what I am, is me.