DSi gets error message "An error has occurred." with no game insertes..

#1HighpitchsoloPosted 8/4/2011 8:23:51 PM
I've had this DSi for about two years now, and all of a sudden I start getting this black screen error message:

"An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

I get it even without a game inserted. Is there any way I can fix this? It's out of warranty and I know Nintendo charges a ludicrous amount of money to fix them..
#2Highpitchsolo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 11:53:09 PM
anyone?
#3OmunallPosted 8/5/2011 2:15:38 AM
Maybe send Nintendo customer support an email; sounds like an OS error to me. Are the contacts inside the system clean? I know you said it's doing this while no cart is inserted...honestly, I'd go as far as say that if anyone really answers this question, it would be a shot in the dark kind of answer.

Nintendo customer support, but you will probably have to send the thing in.
#4Highpitchsolo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2011 9:23:01 AM
Omunall posted...
Maybe send Nintendo customer support an email; sounds like an OS error to me. Are the contacts inside the system clean? I know you said it's doing this while no cart is inserted...honestly, I'd go as far as say that if anyone really answers this question, it would be a shot in the dark kind of answer.

Nintendo customer support, but you will probably have to send the thing in.

Not going to send it it.. They charge like $100 to fix them, it's not even worth it.
#5Tamarisk_greenPosted 8/5/2011 12:29:00 PM
That exact same thing happened to me, and from personal experience I do think it is worth sending it in. When the system stopped responding to a button back in February it cost $75 to get repaired, but the good side is you get an unlimited 1-year warranty after getting it repaired through them. TThe exact same problem you are having happened to me last month, so I sent it in again. They repaired the issue for free and extended the 1-year warranty to one year from the date of the more recent repair.

Seriously, I think it would work out cheaper and better to send it in to them for repair, as otherwise you will loose all credit for downloads you have bought.
---
Check out this exclusive-to-Japan music video if you like Nobuo Uematsu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thCzqoLoZE8