DSi gets error message "An error has occurred." with no game insertes..

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo DS
  3. DSi gets error message "An error has occurred." with no game insertes..
5 years ago#1
I've had this DSi for about two years now, and all of a sudden I start getting this black screen error message:

"An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

I get it even without a game inserted. Is there any way I can fix this? It's out of warranty and I know Nintendo charges a ludicrous amount of money to fix them..
5 years ago#2
anyone?
5 years ago#3
Maybe send Nintendo customer support an email; sounds like an OS error to me. Are the contacts inside the system clean? I know you said it's doing this while no cart is inserted...honestly, I'd go as far as say that if anyone really answers this question, it would be a shot in the dark kind of answer.

Nintendo customer support, but you will probably have to send the thing in.
5 years ago#4
Omunall posted...
Maybe send Nintendo customer support an email; sounds like an OS error to me. Are the contacts inside the system clean? I know you said it's doing this while no cart is inserted...honestly, I'd go as far as say that if anyone really answers this question, it would be a shot in the dark kind of answer.

Nintendo customer support, but you will probably have to send the thing in.

Not going to send it it.. They charge like $100 to fix them, it's not even worth it.
5 years ago#5
That exact same thing happened to me, and from personal experience I do think it is worth sending it in. When the system stopped responding to a button back in February it cost $75 to get repaired, but the good side is you get an unlimited 1-year warranty after getting it repaired through them. TThe exact same problem you are having happened to me last month, so I sent it in again. They repaired the issue for free and extended the 1-year warranty to one year from the date of the more recent repair.

Seriously, I think it would work out cheaper and better to send it in to them for repair, as otherwise you will loose all credit for downloads you have bought.
Check out this exclusive-to-Japan music video if you like Nobuo Uematsu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thCzqoLoZE8
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo DS
  3. DSi gets error message "An error has occurred." with no game insertes..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived