Value of good old games

#1TrueFinalePosted 12/5/2011 10:12:41 PM
So I guess being a newcomer to the DS I missed out some of the good old games like Radiant Historia, Infinite Space and stuff.....yeah the cheapest I can find these games on ebay will cost bout $50 USD preowned in good condition including budget shipping, are they worth it?
---
Online status: Mostly Friday evenings and weekends, sometimes daytimes. UTC +13 hours. New Zealand
Feel free to team me up for achievements I don't have
#2FinalFantasyForeverPosted 12/5/2011 10:14:07 PM
I'd say yeah. There's reasons why they are more expensive:

out of print
in demand / low supply
good games
---
Check out my Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/storino03
#3Northern_RosePosted 12/5/2011 11:39:27 PM
Well those are 2 of the best RPGs for the DS and both had rather low print runs.

Infinite Space is my all time fav DS game and Radiant Historia is in my top 5 as well. So I say they are both worth it. But a word of warning, make sure you like Infinite Space before you invest in it. Those of us that like it, like it A LOT, but not everyone likes it. Its not your typical JRPG.
---
It's not that I don't got a full 6 pack, I just lack the plastic thing that holds it all together.
#4TrueFinale(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2011 2:11:10 AM
Are they turn both based games?
---
Online status: Mostly Friday evenings and weekends, sometimes daytimes. UTC +13 hours. New Zealand
Feel free to team me up for achievements I don't have
#5skytravelerPosted 12/6/2011 8:09:44 AM
RH is turn-based.
---
I hate affirmation threads and I'm not interested in knowing who agrees with me.
#6Northern_RosePosted 12/6/2011 12:01:32 PM
Infinite Space uses a sort of ATB (think Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy) system.
---
It's not that I don't got a full 6 pack, I just lack the plastic thing that holds it all together.
#7perrywinkle97Posted 12/6/2011 12:06:32 PM
Doesn't Infinite Space use a "Rocks-paper-scissors" battle methodology? I played it briefly when it first came out, and that's barely what I can remember from this game.
#8skytravelerPosted 12/6/2011 1:23:18 PM
No, that's just in the melee battles, which aren't a particularly big part of the game.
---
I hate affirmation threads and I'm not interested in knowing who agrees with me.
#9FinalFantasyForeverPosted 12/6/2011 1:26:35 PM
isn't that all infinite space has? the ship battles where you're attack is determined by your ship stats? I'd say that's more like rock paper scissors than an active time battle.
---
Check out my Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/storino03
#10Dragovian1Posted 12/6/2011 2:02:00 PM
FinalFantasyForever:
"isn't that all infinite space has? the ship battles where you're attack is determined by your ship stats? I'd say that's more like rock paper scissors than an active time battle."

Nah. You've got some special attacks, depending on your character placement, which also determines many things for your ship stats. Of course, you use reverse, hold, and forward positioning to get within or out of attack ranges. Obviously, you need to watch the enemy. If you do a major attack w/out them having done anything recently, there is a good chance they'll dodge and counterattack, since you'll be vulnerable after having spent a large amount of energy. You've gotta time things right and use what you've got well. Also, the distance you've traveled from one spot to another has an effect on how fast your gauge charges for your attacks during battles. That has less of an effect later in the game as you get better ships and modules, atleast it did for me.
---
http://www.amazon.com/shops/A258UKMK08DSV0
Playing: Wii- GG: Cardio Workout, Zelda: SS / 360 - TES V: Skyrim / PSP - What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2