The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Contra

#121_21Posted 7/16/2012 5:40:26 PM
After playing Contra 4, I have practically fallen in love with the series all over again. I played Contra 3 for SNES back when I was a wee bit young, but never finished it. But yeah, Contra 4 is amazing.

Question: Is this the best Contra game, or is there a better one, also how are the other Contra games and what would you recommend. And lastly, are there any notable series like contra?
---
Currently playing:
Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Saisei-Hen and Radiant Historia
#2DeepsPrawPosted 7/16/2012 9:33:47 PM
Contra: Hard Corps best Contra
---
oh yeah. i am a dog. i smoke cigarettes and vote democratic because i am classy - the dog
http://i.imgur.com/x4Tma.jpg
#3MarsulasPosted 7/16/2012 10:25:08 PM
You should also check out Contra: Hard Corps Uprising on PS3 or Contra Rebirth on WiiWare. Contra 3 is pretty much the best though.

As for series like Contra check out the Metal Slug series.
---
PSN: Marz1991
3DS FC: 1203-9378-1364
#4SimonBelmont666Posted 7/17/2012 12:21:36 AM
DeepsPraw posted...

please don't troll. These are nice boards.
#5GhetsisPosted 7/17/2012 5:30:07 AM
SimonBelmont666 posted...
DeepsPraw posted...

please don't troll. These are nice boards.

Troll? I've never seen anyone argue otherwise...

Anyway, Metal Slug is like Contra in a lot of ways. But I vastly prefer it to Contra.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#621_21(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2012 7:15:04 AM
Yeah I still have Contra 3 from when I used to play as a little kid. Of course my super nintendo doesn't work anymore, but I'll still look for a way to play that game.

I also took a look at Hard Corps Uprising pics, and it doesn't look too shabby. I also found it surprising that it has an anime look to it instead of 80's action style, but I don't mind as long as it's still a good game.Contra Rebirth doesn't look half bad either. It actually looks like something in the veins of 3 and 4.

Some other side scrolling shooters I've also played was, well, I don't know if you wanna count this, but Cave Story, although it is a lot slower paced and Metroidvania style, that game is also awesome. I'll also look into Metal Slug series.

But the other game Gamefaqs recommended me was Cybernator for SNES, and I took a look at the first level of it on youtube to see what it was, and holy crap, it's awesome! I have no idea why this game was so obscure...
---
Currently playing:
#7DeepsPrawPosted 7/17/2012 8:18:29 AM
Uprising is a hot mess.

I'm talking about the Genesis classic, if there's still any doubt.
---
oh yeah. i am a dog. i smoke cigarettes and vote democratic because i am classy - the dog
http://i.imgur.com/x4Tma.jpg
#821_21(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2012 8:35:38 AM
DeepsPraw posted...
Uprising is a hot mess.

I'm talking about the Genesis classic, if there's still any doubt.

Oh ok. I hope there is one for Virtual console since I obviously don't own a genesis lol. I'll actually check if there is one for it.
---
Currently playing:
#9MarsulasPosted 7/20/2012 3:35:48 PM
Not on Virtual Console yet unfortunately.
---
PSN: Marz1991
3DS FC: 1203-9378-1364
#1021_21(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2012 4:44:40 PM
Dang that sucks. Also, what are the general opinions on Contra: Shattered soldier and Hard Corps Uprising?
---
Currently playing: