Japanese games with english language option?

#1121_21Posted 8/2/2012 4:19:05 PM
Illuminoius posted...
I know it isn't looking to learn. I'm just saying that that's a bad decision.

The Phoenix Wright games are in the language you want. One of them is, at least.

It's not up to you to decide whether it's a bad decision or not. If the TC gets what he's looking for, why bother questioning it?
---
Currently playing:
Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Saisei-Hen, Radiant Historia, and Contra 4
#12NamelessCakePosted 8/2/2012 6:07:34 PM
zinformant posted...
Illuminoius posted...
It's not a difficult language.

You know this is irrelevant to the TC's discussion.

Just ignore him, he says the same thing on every other topic related to the Japanese language just to annoy people.
#13UltimateKaiba(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 7:07:33 PM
I was just asking if there were any Japanese games that had an English language option. I'm sorry if I was asking a stupid question or don't know Japanese.
---
"As much as I hate getting involved, I hate owing someone a favor even more"-Seto Kaiba
PSN/XBL- Setobakura
#14Lum_YatsuraPosted 8/2/2012 7:28:36 PM
Not to be rude, but why would Japanese game developers bother putting an English language option into the game that won't reach English speaking gamers without importing? If it's Japanese-only, they're not going to bother putting extra effort into it . I don't know any such games that do this.

That's nothing. In the rarest case, they've released Japan-only games, whose English content is region-coded to require English hardware to view.

There's at least two such Game Gear games.
Puyo Puyo (not Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. They actually did create an entire Game Gear specific localization that was never brought to the west.)
Ronald McDonald in Magical World
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#15IlluminoiusPosted 8/3/2012 1:36:33 AM(edited)
21_21 posted...

It's not up to you to decide whether it's a bad decision or not. If the TC gets what he's looking for, why bother questioning it?

Because I can.
#16hypermoePosted 8/6/2012 2:36:38 AM
21_21 posted...
Not to be rude, but why would Japanese game developers bother putting an English language option into the game that won't reach English speaking gamers without importing? If it's Japanese-only, they're not going to bother putting extra effort into it . I don't know any such games that do this.

of you actually knew anything about japan and its culture you'd know English is rather important there. i mean its in the schools throughout their life. so i woulnt be surprise if devs chooses to at least put an option just for them to learn or have a better understanding of the language.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#17CalculatorRamzaPosted 8/6/2012 7:11:52 PM
There are several Japanese anime releases with English subtitles (most useful on Blu-ray, since the region code is the same as North America), so it's plausible.
#1821_21Posted 8/6/2012 7:15:53 PM
hypermoe posted...
21_21 posted...

of you actually knew anything about japan and its culture you'd know English is rather important there. i mean its in the schools throughout their life. so i woulnt be surprise if devs chooses to at least put an option just for them to learn or have a better understanding of the language.

Oh well I guess that just dramatically increased the chances of finding Japanese games with English options.....

This isn't about Japanese cultures and what they think of English.......
---
Currently playing:
Kingdom Hearts 3D and Tales of Graces F