Holy s*** Super Robot Taisen OG Endless Saga is awesome!

#61ekamownPosted 10/7/2012 1:04:00 PM(edited)
E Gauge, huh? Is it like F Gauge of enemies? Even if the E Gauge is full but as long as the enemy don't touch the ground, s/he still can't activate FE, right? Also, does E Gauge share among all enemies like F Gauge, which shares among party members?

Your characters can also perform a Forced Evasion if their HP is critical (1/5th IIRC) and you have at least 50% F.Gauge. It costs 50% F.Gauge. But like enemies you can't use Forced Evasion during an enemy Overdrive or when they use multi target attacks.
You meant party members can use FE only against an enemy's normal attack, didn't you? Like the enemy usually does to party member.

So in the first EF, it's like as if the E Gauge of enemies always full since they always have chance of using Forced Evasion each time they touch the ground. Does the enemy ever use FE as well when the attacking party member runs out of stamina (zero act left) without using another party member for chained attack?
---
I must finish what I have begun, or all will have been in vain.
#62ParominPosted 10/7/2012 6:17:07 PM
Nope, enemies are smart enough not to trigger Forced Evasion if you're at the end of your combo. Although they're not smart enough to not trigger Forced Evasion while they have Alert.
---
Two people are talking? They must be in love.
Fanfiction logic applied IRL
#63ekamownPosted 10/7/2012 10:11:08 PM
Since there's E Gauge in Exceed, can I predict when the enemy is going to use Overdrive?
But wait, only bosses are able to use Overdrive, aren't they?

Once the enemy has enough gauge to use FE, does they ALWAYS activate it or just by chance when they touch the ground?

If certain boss uses Alert, what should I do? Should I attack or just guarding? Since there's no way to negate Alert besides using Special Skills.
---
#64ParominPosted 10/7/2012 11:26:01 PM(edited)
Since there's E Gauge in Exceed, can I predict when the enemy is going to use Overdrive?

No. Also Enemy Overdrives do not use up the E.Gauge (not counting the normal decrease per enemy turn) They can perform an Overdrive even when the E.Gauge is empty.

There seems to be a trend that the less HP a boss has the greater the chance of Overdrives and buff spells.

But wait, only bosses are able to use Overdrive, aren't they?

Yes.

Once the enemy has enough gauge to use FE, does they ALWAYS activate it or just by chance when they touch the ground?

Chance.

If certain boss uses Alert, what should I do?

Attack it. You'll still build the Frontier Gauge meter even if all your attacks miss. You can just stop attacking after spending 50% COM or less so you'll have full COM next turn.

Also in EXCEED, there are only two items which build the F.Gauge. And they're very expensive and only found on New Game+. So every point counts. You can also try to drop the enemy repeatedly if they have a full E.Gauge so they'll get tricked into using a Forced Evasion and emptying the E.Gauge.

---
#65ekamownPosted 10/8/2012 3:53:53 AM
So E Gauge is only just for Forced Evasion, nothing else, isn't it?

I may already asked this before; Does E Gauge share among the enemies like F Gauge which shares to front row party members?

So the only attacks that negates Alert effect are Special Skills that targets multiple enemies, doesn't it?
---
#66ParominPosted 10/8/2012 3:38:05 PM
Special Skills negate Alert the same way anything that does damage negates it.
---
#67ekamownPosted 10/11/2012 7:41:04 AM
Assist characters in Frontier, are they no different to Phantom, Abend and Nacht?

So F Gauge is carried over instead of reset to zero after each battle in Exceed.
---
#68ParominPosted 10/11/2012 3:13:23 PM
There's two types of Assist.

The usual Assist (call in someone from the Backline), then there's the Assist you can equip. The Personal Troopers are in the second type.

Also no more stupid Random SRW support) How Banpresto turned the most useful Assist (Genspenst) into the worst (random selection of two crap, one excellent) still makes me laugh.

Equipped Supports increase stats and have a random chance to cast a Spirit at the start of each round. Obviously only the person who equipped the Support can use it, but each character can equip one Support each.
---
#69ekamownPosted 10/11/2012 5:19:21 PM
So the usual support will be the playable characters who is put in the back row while the assist support is the support only characters such as Gespent, correct?

What kind of Spirit? Is it like Gamble?
I wish there's Spirit list of all characters so I won't get confused whenever I'm using it.
---
#70cadorPosted 10/11/2012 7:40:59 PM
Can I still hope that this game gets translated? New announcements about (digital) PSP games are still being made and latest NPD numbers are out with DS selling > 100k I think?
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy