Super Mario Brothers DS or Bowser's Inside Story?

#1weichiangPosted 9/28/2012 6:49:44 AM
I really don't have that much money to spend on my handheld but I came to a realization that I just need a new game for my DS.

I've been looking around for something that I really haven't played that much in a very long time and Super Mario Brothers DS and Bowser's Inside Story are my top 2 pics.
But with my shrinking wallet, I can only get one (at least for now).

Any suggestions on what to get?
I'd be happy to hear about other titles you might suggest as well.

Thanks in advance.
#2King_MadnessPosted 9/28/2012 1:21:38 PM
Bowsers Inside Story is an incredible experience. Go that way.
---
Giants~Yankees~Knicks~Mavs
THE NEW YORK GIANTS NFL CHAMPIONS!
#3MereMarePosted 9/28/2012 2:51:58 PM
Bowser's Inside Story
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#4kulio321Posted 9/28/2012 6:02:00 PM
Check Amazon for games like The World Ends With You, 999, Trace Memory, Ghost Trick, Hotel Dusk, etc.... There's a lot of great games for the DS, and you can find some of them fairly cheap on Amazon. I just bought Hotel Dusk for less than $10 including shipping.
---
Why would I care about your power level, anyway? It's practically zero!
-Gankyo Kurubiyutei, Joshiraku
#5Darkstorm16Posted 9/28/2012 6:09:39 PM
i never heard of Super Mario Brothers DS :/ so I go with Bowser
---
I review stuff at http://www.eShopGamers.com/
Fellow Nintendo supporter, Sony Lover and IOS newcomer
#6Tanooki_YoshiPosted 9/28/2012 9:21:42 PM
I assume you mean "New Super Mario Bros."?

If so, it is essentially an apples to oranges comparison. Eventually I would get both, but as for which I recommend more, I'd have to agree with everyone else and say "Bowser's Inside Story". It is a fantastic RPG and well worth playing. It is charming, fun, and pretty hilarious at points. It will probably even last you longer than beating New Super Mario Bros. It makes me want more Bowser spin-offs!

New Super Mario Bros. is good fun, but I say play Bowser's Inside Story first. New Super Mario Bros. has that good, classic Mario feel, but you can blow through the game pretty quick if you're not planning on beating it 100% (you can actually even skip a couple Worlds, if you like) I say pick it up cheap and give it a try. It doesn't last long, but the adventure is still entertaining.
---
Two is company and three is a crowd, four is an unruly mob, big and loud!
#7weichiang(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2012 9:45:35 PM
kulio321 posted...
Check Amazon for games like The World Ends With You, 999, Trace Memory, Ghost Trick, Hotel Dusk, etc.... There's a lot of great games for the DS, and you can find some of them fairly cheap on Amazon. I just bought Hotel Dusk for less than $10 including shipping.

I loved the Phoenix Wright games and I'm almost done with Apollo Justice.
I really wanna try Hotel Dusk and 999, but I don't feel comfortable buying things online.
Too bad the local shops in my area really don't have those games anymore.

I want a game that's gonna last long.
I got Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble not too long ago because I wanted to pick up a platformer for a change of pace, but I beat it in 2 days..... so yeah.... you get the whole picture.
I was hoping that New Super Mario Brothers would last longer, but from what you guys say, I might be able to finish it within a week.

Gonna go to the shop maybe this week, so thanks guys.

Any other recommendations?
#8aamotPosted 9/30/2012 6:36:20 AM
Bowser's Inside Story is the most fun I've had with my DS, but it's moderately short compared to other RPGs on the system. I finished New Super Mario Bros during a flight - it's very short.

If you're looking for good, longer-lasting RPGs I'd recommend Dragon Quest IX, The World Ends With You, Rune Factory 3, or Etrian Odyssey 3. All are high quality and are pretty lengthy, and worth looking into to see if they spark any interest.

As for platformers, Yoshi's Island DS is the only one I've played that has offered lengthy re/playability. The levels are more creatively laid-out than in New Super Mario Bros.
---
chrisAAMO
#9jestersoupPosted 9/30/2012 6:45:42 AM
If you like Mario-type games with good replay value, The Legendary Starfy is a great pick. Also, Monster Tale is a good platformer/action RPG that takes a lot longer than New Super Mario Bros. to finish.
---
3DS FC: 5155-3461-5000
Name: Jester
#10DarkPhoenix424Posted 9/30/2012 10:14:21 AM
If you're older, go with New Super Mario Bros. If you're younger, go with Bowser's Inside Story.
---
Nibelung Valesti
360 GT: ParadiseRegaind