Can't decide which game to buy

#11ParominPosted 10/4/2012 6:36:36 PM
-Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga: Endless Frontier (b00bz)
-Radiant Historia
-Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2/Devil Survivor
-Infinite Space
-Lunar Knights

Fixed.

Also Dragon Song isn't even worth $5. It's like buying a needle to insert in your eye. Doesn't matter how cheap it is. You just don't buy it.
---
Two people are talking? They must be in love.
Fanfiction logic applied IRL
#12Jason Hart MaiviaPosted 10/5/2012 4:16:10 AM(edited)
Paromin posted...
-Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga: Endless Frontier (b00bz)
-Radiant Historia
-Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2/Devil Survivor
-Infinite Space
-Lunar Knights

Fixed.

Also Dragon Song isn't even worth $5. It's like buying a needle to insert in your eye. Doesn't matter how cheap it is. You just don't buy it.

That's purely your opinion. It's the not the opinion of everyone else on the planet, otherwise you'd have reviews with well below average scores.

On the internet, I think many people exaggerate way too much, but there's nothing I can do to change that. Look at how many Resident Evil 6 haters there are out there. Is the game really that bad? Hell no. Can it still be fun even if you're not a fan of the series? Hell Yes.
No one's opinion is right or wrong. It's all personal, and you and I just don't agree with Dragon Song.

Lunar: Dragon Song, while no where near as well-made as Resident Evil 6, isn't completely broken, and for the price, it's not like it's sucking up tons 'o cash from anyone, which is why I listed some of its flaws. I'm not saying that anyone HAS to buy it. Reading reviews and watching videos can give us a better understanding.

Me? I bought the game years ago, and I knew what I was kinda getting myself into. But after giving the game some time, I found that many people were just hating on things that really aren't that bad. Many were turning a small ember into a roaring blaze, when it really wasn't all that necessary.
Believe me, I've played a great deal of bad RPGs these past decades, and I know horrible games when I see one...but that's after I've given it a fair chance.

Still, I liked Dragon Song. It's story, while not all that "epic" it's still fine, and there are way more shallow games on the market, and many more that seems like hastily-made money makers.

The whole "needle in the eye" thing is silly.
Have you even played Di-Gata Defenders!?
There's a huge difference between flawed and flat-out broken !!

Plus, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the Luminous Arc games.
It's a shame that the 3rd game never made it out of Japan...
Adding Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2/Devil Survivor didn't "fix" anything. They were examples. And yes, those games you added are really good, too.

The point I was trying to make is that you'd have to spend a bit more to get some of the better DS games. I only listed a few games, and I could say to get Pokemon games, Devil Survivor, Shin Megami Tensei, Megaman Star Force, etc., but I haven't played them all or enough of those games to recommend them to anyone. I've even stated that saving money to buy the others is probably a good idea, but I'm trying to list games that I personally didn't have too many problems with for bargain bin prices. Also, I'm being honest. I haven't played every game out there. I don't think I should recommend anything that I haven't played myself. I could be leading someone into something really bad without giving any warnings or stating flaws that I've encountered in my playtime.
---
Praise Rainbow Mika
SSBB: 3652-6261-7096 + Mario Kart Wii: 2707-7247-9079 + Samurai Warriors 3: 0346-6035-0276
#13IlluminoiusPosted 10/5/2012 5:22:06 AM
lol @ "absolutely nothing wrong"
#14Jason Hart MaiviaPosted 10/5/2012 5:39:46 AM
Illuminoius posted...
lol @ "absolutely nothing wrong"

I'm talking about being "wrong" to have it listed as a recommended game.
---
Praise Rainbow Mika
SSBB: 3652-6261-7096 + Mario Kart Wii: 2707-7247-9079 + Samurai Warriors 3: 0346-6035-0276
#15ParominPosted 10/5/2012 8:27:06 PM(edited)
While there's nothing "wrong" about Luminous Arc. There's nothing right about it either.

It's completely mediocre.

So it is wrong to recommend to someone on a budget. If they're going to spend cash, it certainly shouldn't be on something that's just average. Devil Survivor and FFTA2 are excellent representatives of the SRPG genre. They do something more than the average SRPG. FFTA2 with its customization and missions and Devil Survivor with its SMT gameplay/difficuty.

What does Luminous Arc do? Nothing. It's an average SRPG. It's what you play when your done playing FFT2 and DeSu1/2 and a few other SRPGs.

Certainly not something anyone should buy if they're on a budget.

And the same goes for Lunar Dragon Song. It's just so horribly designed that anyone with a very limited amount of funds shouldn't waste their cash on it.

There are at least a thousand DS games. Many of which are pretty cheap if bought used. So many titles that mediocre games like Luminous Arc 1/2 and crap games like Lunar DS, especially Lunar DS can be passed over and nothing of value will be lost.

TLDR

Limited cash? Anything less than good is immediately a bad idea.

---
Two people are talking? They must be in love.
Fanfiction logic applied IRL