Where's the cheapest place to find a brand new White DS Lite?

#1DirtBasedSoapPosted 10/7/2012 11:40:07 PM
All I could find was one for $99 and it said "New-other". It also had pictures of the DS out of the box.
---
it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's takin showers anymore
#2NovaCastPosted 10/8/2012 12:20:14 AM
DirtBasedSoap posted...
All I could find was one for $99 and it said "New-other". It also had pictures of the DS out of the box.

No where really.. unless you are lucky if they have some in target. It never hurts to ask them usually they have different colors than what's in the display glass shelves, you just have to ask.

Most stores don't really have any after the 3ds xl launch and the ones that do only carry colors like red/black or the cobalt blue/black one.

'' new other'', or '' like new'' will probably be refurbished and there's nothing wrong with that unless you want the box and such. I mean as long as you buy it from a reputable seller you shouldn't have any problems.

There is different types of refurbished items though, so try to look for one that has a completely brand new shell and a lower touch screen, that is if you don't mind it being refurbished., at least then it will look new. I have fixed a couple of ds systems myself and used 3rd party screens and shell cases.

I have owned a ds lite i fixed for a little over 2 years and have never had any problems with it, if you buy a ''new'' refurbished system make just buy it from a seller who usually sells them, as long as they know what they are doing when they ''fix'' and ''renew'' the units they will last pretty long.

New sellers and people who just begin fixing these things usually don't connect the ribbon cables good and misplace the microphone wrong so the wire run across other circuits in the motherboard.
---
#3OoSubaruoOPosted 10/8/2012 1:02:33 AM
With the DSi being $99 now, the Lite should have dropped in price.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4cDULqYhkY
#4DirtBasedSoap(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 1:52:38 PM
I WANT THE WHITE ONE BADLY
---
Posting from iPhone 4.
#5Fat_Dog_MendozaPosted 10/8/2012 2:57:31 PM
The white DS Lite has been out of print in the US since before the 3DS even came out last year. Finding a sealed one for a good price is going to be tricky.
---
Known elsewhere on the internet as BoringSupreez
#6jefferyjosephhPosted 10/9/2012 7:58:21 PM
Check your local Craigslist. I found 2 white DS Lites in mint to very good condition. One was $45 and the other was $55. Both system's had screens that were mint condition and looked to be very mildly used. That is your best bet.

p.s. I love the white one too!
#7DirtBasedSoap(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 8:34:01 PM
Found a nice looking refurbished one on eBay for $70.
---
Posting from iPhone 4.