Is it possible to broadcast DS games?

#1AnghellicKarmaPosted 12/5/2012 4:59:52 PM(edited)
I was considering creating a few gameplay videos for some games on multiple systems, one of which is the Nintendo DS.
The problem I have is: how would I go about capturing this? I was thinking of doing a web stream, similar to how I see sometimes done on Twitch.tv

Granted, the games broadcast there are PC games, but it's actually a special event I'm considering and I'm wondering if it's possible at all to somehow broadcast gameplay from the Nintendo DS through the service (or something similar). I mean, I've seen gameplay videos done on IGN video (p)reviews, so it must be possible... right?

I know about video capture cards for the PC, and I've even seen this FAQ at Twitch.tv as it relates to broadcasting console games:
http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/792769-how-to-broadcast-console-games

But what about handhelds? I know the Sony PSP (one of the aforementioned systems) has a component cable so you can play on your TV, so maybe that would work for that system, but what about for the Nintendo DS?

Anyone have any ideas/tips/etc.?
#2ParominPosted 12/5/2012 5:18:17 PM
IS Nitro-capture, costs a lot.
Do it yourself solution, complicated, pretty much needs an experience in electronics
Emulator, requires a fairly good PC to run the Emulator and Video Recording programs.
Mount DS and Camera on a stand
---
Playing: Project Cross Zone
Waiting for: SRW OG the 2nd
#3Skygor_IIPosted 12/6/2012 6:59:28 AM
If you go the camera route:
* Darken the entire room as much as possible.
* Set the DS backlight to maximum.
* Affix the DS so that it doesn't move around at all.
---
backloggery.com/skygor
#4AnghellicKarma(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 7:42:57 AM
Hmm, well two of the games are straight DS games, where two others are GBA games... is there a GBA broadcast solution, for at least those two games?
#5ParominPosted 12/6/2012 10:00:11 AM
GBA games can be played on a Gamecube. Also GBA emulators are much much much less of a load. So you won't need that powerful of a PC to record or even do a live stream
---
Playing: Project Cross Zone
Waiting for: SRW OG the 2nd