Best RPGS on DS?

#1cooldoggiePosted 1/14/2013 1:38:08 PM
Going to be spending a lot of time overseas with almost no tv/consoles/ability to shop so I'm trying to stock up for a few months of games before i go.

Mainly RPGS (i love action but turn based are good too) action or platformer games
---
I Like Turtles
#221_21Posted 1/14/2013 2:28:14 PM
Radiant Historia
The World Ends With You
Chrono Trigger (unless you already played it for SNES, which I hope to God you did)
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
Pokemon B/W and then B2/W2
Rest of the Pokemon games
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#3ParominPosted 1/14/2013 3:24:31 PM(edited)
Radiant Historia

Good? Yes.

Best? No.
---
Playing: Project Cross Zone, 2nd SRW OG
Waiting for: SRW 3DS
#4cadorPosted 1/14/2013 4:10:01 PM
And here we go!
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy
#521_21Posted 1/14/2013 4:34:35 PM(edited)
Paromin posted...
Radiant Historia

Good? Yes.

Best? No.

Funny how you took out the other games on that list...

And aww, too bad TC is only looking for RPG's for DS, otherwise you could've recommended him XIII-2...

Anyway, get out of this topic if you don't want to answer TC's question.
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#6ParominPosted 1/14/2013 5:05:46 PM(edited)
Funny how you took out the other games on that list...

Because they're among the best the DS has to offer.

If someone made a list of the Best DS RPGs and somehow snuck in the Lunar DS game, then I'd only list that when pointing out what isn't the best.

Anyway, get out of this topic if you don't want to answer TC's question.

I did, telling someone what isn't a best RPG is still an answer.

And aww, too bad TC is only looking for RPG's for DS, otherwise you could've recommended him XIII-2...

Why would I?

XIII-2 isn't the best RPG if all consoles were considered. Still better than RH though.

---
#7OmegaDL50Posted 1/14/2013 5:24:11 PM
Opinions, opinions.

What person A may consider the "best" person B may vastly think otherwise. I shouldn't need to state the obviousness of this.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#8ParominPosted 1/14/2013 5:29:46 PM
Then we might as well list every RPG on the DS, I'm pretty sure every game would have at least one person who thinks it's the best.
---
#9OmegaDL50Posted 1/14/2013 5:43:52 PM
Perhaps a better way to present this topic would be, "Commonly well received / notable RPGs to play on the DS" As this will probably limit the selection to about 10 to 15 games.

I mean there are obviously some games that don't deserve recognition, I mean in the sense of things that would be considered oversights / flaws that severely hinder the experience of the game.

I'll admit I have a decent tolerance for many a game that many people would consider to be mediocre (Star Ocean 4 for instance)

As long it isn't something like "Beyond the Beyond", I'm pretty sure I can stomach it.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#10cooldoggie(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 5:51:22 PM
I'm looking for quite a few games so they don't all need to be the best of the best

checking out the ones listed so far thanks :)
---
I Like Turtles