Quick Version Question

#1belsayden777Posted 2/20/2012 1:00:46 AM
Okay so, I've searched a few topics on here and didn't see the one I have listed.

So I bought the game used, wary of whether it's glitched or not I want to see if someone can tell me it's a fixed version.

The number is ABCEN1J08.

I didn't see it mentioned in any other topics. How badly glitched or decently fixed is it?
#2Embers_FadePosted 2/20/2012 6:00:12 AM
I just bought this game new about a week ago. i Have version ABCEN1J13. Im into summer of my 2nd year and so far i havent experienced anything major.

However, just recently, for some reason if i have only one non-tool or accessory item, say a stack of eggs; my R shoulder + A button wont toggle it out of my bag and into my hands, making me have to use the touch screen to get it out.

Besides that, which im trying to find a fix for currently, havent experienced any freezes or other glitches
#3Sky RenderPosted 2/20/2012 7:19:08 AM
It's the ABCEN0Jxx series that tends to have problems. For example, my cart is run ABCEN0J22, and it's one of the glitch-factory copies. The releases tend to be sequential, so later runs with ABCEN1Jxx will almost always prove to be the less-glitchy release.
---
Sky Render
http://www.skyrender.net/hm_portal.html - The Hitchhiker's Guide to Harvest Moon: now includes HM DS!
#4belsayden777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 3:41:50 PM(edited)
Embers_Fade posted...
I just bought this game new about a week ago. i Have version ABCEN1J13. Im into summer of my 2nd year and so far i havent experienced anything major.

However, just recently, for some reason if i have only one non-tool or accessory item, say a stack of eggs; my R shoulder + A button wont toggle it out of my bag and into my hands, making me have to use the touch screen to get it out.

Besides that, which im trying to find a fix for currently, havent experienced any freezes or other glitches

Thanks guys, good to know I have one of the best copies.

I can't say I've had the same issue, I just tap and drag everything into the slots.
One gripe though is that If I pick up stuff and press Y to put it into my rucksack, it goes into an empty slot instead of the stack I already have.
I don't think that's a glitch though, I'm sure it's just the way it works.
#5belsayden777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/29/2012 8:31:19 PM
BTW. Weeds seem to be the bane of my existance. They accumulate fast and they take so much effort/time to get rid off.
Whats the most efficient way to get rid of them? On my farm and in the village
#6Sky RenderPosted 2/29/2012 8:57:57 PM
Really, the most efficient thing to do is to just ignore them; they don't give you much benefit if you collect them, and cutting them down tends to damage everything around them as well if you don't want to take forever doing it.

If you really want to save time, I suggest you take a gander at the mines. The third mine has cursed accessories in it, including a ring that, when uncursed, makes time flow half as fast while worn. It's well worth the trouble to hunt one of these rings down.
---
Sky Render
http://www.skyrender.net/hm_portal.html - The Hitchhiker's Guide to Harvest Moon: now includes HM DS!
#7belsayden777(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2012 7:18:56 PM
Sky Render posted...
Really, the most efficient thing to do is to just ignore them; they don't give you much benefit if you collect them, and cutting them down tends to damage everything around them as well if you don't want to take forever doing it.

If you really want to save time, I suggest you take a gander at the mines. The third mine has cursed accessories in it, including a ring that, when uncursed, makes time flow half as fast while worn. It's well worth the trouble to hunt one of these rings down.

Slows down time? I'd love to have that, this the first I've actually heard of that item.
I'm actually working my way towards being able to go down the mines (cause I am currently trying to woo every girl, undecided as to whom I actually want to marry) so I could get the cursed tools, and see Keria.

I'm in the middle of Autumn, first house upgrade + kitchen and a few other things in there. Most tools are Gold, with 3 Mystrile tools.
I have the Stone and Lumber shed, and right now I am finally building a home for some chickens.
P.S. the horse kinda bugs me.. he always runs away and I have to hunt him down when out in town.
#8Miss_LauraPosted 3/5/2012 8:39:20 PM
So, for example, would

ABCEN0J12

likely be an early, glitchy version (with say, the billion gold glitch), or would it be a better working version?
#9Sky RenderPosted 3/6/2012 9:35:03 AM
The former. That's from one of the first print runs of the game.
---
Sky Render