This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who here knows the history about Cubone's mother.

#21VanTheNightmarePosted 2/19/2008 5:11:47 PM
Well, well, well.I was always interested by this.It's linked with the Anime, and with the game itself.What happened was that back in the first generation, which was oh so several years ago.....The first Mother Marowak had a child.This was a female Cubone.Team Rocket kept trying to steal several Pokemon, and eventually Cubone was targeted.The Marowak protected the Cubone and fought until it's death and Cubone escaped. As for the bone/shell on it's head... I think the Mother had a shell itself.Human's sometimes are born with extra bones...So it may have been natural for Cubone to have it.That last Cubone basically made the rest...And by going on the Panda Theory, well...You guys have to remember, this IS Pokemon.Nothing is impossible, especially having a child.Maybe the Cubone passed down the story of what happened to the Mother?
#22DanMil05(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2008 5:12:28 PM
bump. Does anyone want to talk about a possible elvolution.
#23DanMil05(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2008 5:17:05 PM

VanTheNightmare posted...
Well, well, well.I was always interested by this.It's linked with the Anime, and with the game itself.What happened was that back in the first generation, which was oh so several years ago.....The first Mother Marowak had a child.This was a female Cubone.Team Rocket kept trying to steal several Pokemon, and eventually Cubone was targeted.The Marowak protected the Cubone and fought until it's death and Cubone escaped. As for the bone/shell on it's head... I think the Mother had a shell itself.Human's sometimes are born with extra bones...So it may have been natural for Cubone to have it.That last Cubone basically made the rest...And by going on the Panda Theory, well...You guys have to remember, this IS Pokemon.Nothing is impossible, especially having a child.Maybe the Cubone passed down the story of what happened to the Mother?

Great explanition but what caused all female Marowak to die? I'll be gone in a couple hours but i'll be back to check on this topic.

#24VanTheNightmarePosted 2/19/2008 5:26:20 PM
Marzeta (5th Generation)

Type:Ground/Ghost

Ability: Punish - The opponent and the user are afflicted with a Curse which takes 10% every turn from the beggining of the battle.

Kind: Fallen Mother Pokemon

Description: Seeing it's children's tears for many generations, it rose from the dead to deliver it's fury against Team Rocket, and defeating everything in it's way.

Hold Item: Reaper Scythe - OHKOs the opponent when defeated

Evolves by: Female only, defeated by Arbok,Weezing,Meowth,Drowzee etc...(Rocket Pokes)
Best Moveset:
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Base Stats: 75,120,110,40,90,70
#25VanTheNightmarePosted 2/19/2008 5:28:05 PM
I don't think ALL Female Marowak died, but simply all know of the death from the first Mother,and if that were true, there would be none left more than likely.And you also have to think about Male Cubone can still breed with Ditto.
#26DanMil05(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2008 7:38:53 PM

That is a good point that i never though about. Yea not all female Marowak dies but every cubone that had a Marowak for a mother, died. I also wonder what would happen if a male Marowak and a ditto breed. Would the cubone take the skull the father was wearing?

Also VanTheNightmare, lets hope Thick Club doesn't work with her or it would be uber. The way it evolves is also too situational. I still like the way i mentioned before where a female Marowak evolves by breading with another Cobone/Marowak male and as soon as the day care man gives you the egg, the Marowak dies and evolves. I think this is a very unique way of evolution.

#27YoshiLord06Posted 2/19/2008 7:53:24 PM
Marowaks most likely have two skulls. There's the skull it had inside it's head since it was a Cubone, and the one it used to wear as a Cubone until the Cubone evolved and merged with the helmet. Wild Marowaks would always have twins, each twin would take one of the mother's skulls.
---
The fear of palindromes is "aibohphobia".
What's next? The fear of long words being "Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia"?
#28DanMil05(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2008 8:04:58 PM
Is that true and how would that work, having two cubones sharing one dead mother's skull.
#29dragonflame327Posted 2/19/2008 8:30:37 PM
^
The one the was internal and the one that was external make two skulls.

But you're all forgetting the main question...

Where did the first Cubone get its skull? >> <<

An enigma wrapped in a mystery, concealed in a shroud of darkness under a moonless night.
---
You gotta get her with a prolonged million stab then blast her away with a breakdown. Satisfaction guaranteed. - dwarf.
#30itsinnatePosted 2/19/2008 8:31:44 PM
Remember: anything is possible in this game; Mutant starfish with gems in their centers shoot thunderbolts, freeze stuff, create tidal waves and have telekinetic powers.

Based on that, the amount of Cubone's Mother stories are potentially limitless.
---
wat