This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crocune of UU

#1CBAriadosFTWPosted 5/21/2010 9:07:01 PM
We've all heard of (assuming you're at least reasonably competitive, of course) the deadly Crocune, a specific set of the legendary suicune designed to slowly grind teams to dust due to its literally infinite life capacity. With astounding 100/115/115 defense, calm mind to boost sp. def, functionally no physical weakness, and an (almost) unresisted STAB move, Crocune was made to destroy with just one attack. However, even though it's obviously not perfect and does have its weaknesses, there is no equal in OU.

However, in UU, that's a different story - there is somebody who can almost contend to Crocune, and I believe is just as threatening. Take it from experience, most of my teams are pretty crappy. My UU teams, however, with this Crocune of UU have won countless games on shoddy simply because the opponent had no answer to it, or I dismantled it previously. Discuss the Crocune of UU:

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Pressure
252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def
Bold
-Calm Mind
-Dark Pulse
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

If there were to be a rival of crocune, this would be it. With a pretty impressive 108 defense stat, NO WEAKNESSES, and an unresisted STAB move, spiritomb can wreak havoc in UU. Once you start CMing, people are satisfied with switching in their registeel or milotic or slowbro and using toxic on you, where you can CM up to +6, rest, and slowly dismantle their "counter". People quit all the time the second I use the move rest and their toxic plan fails, simply because they have no way to deal with it.

The one main weakness of spiritomb is that, despite its no weaknesses, it still takes a rather large margin from strong physical attacks. However, with proper teambuilding, this weakness can be remedied and spiritomb can take down half (or more) of a team. I do not claim to be the inventor of this set, nor a great success with it either. However, I think it deserves more thought, and I think it has the potential to dominate, in the right hands.
---
The Ninja Spider --- Platinum FC: 0818 0004 7798
323 wins in the platinum doubles battle tower!! http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9897/img4739p.jpg
#2funkyfritterPosted 5/21/2010 11:11:35 PM
It's an interesting idea, but part of what makes crocune good is that it can switch into and set up on common special attackers in addition to walls. Are there any notable uu special threats crotomb can switch into and set up on?
---
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/297/keyboardwut.jpg
#3lordlugia_rocksPosted 5/22/2010 5:37:41 AM
seems cool. However Azumarill will most likely demolish it with a STAB waterfall with choice band and Huge power. or scrappy Kangaskhan with a fighting move.
---
pokemon soulsilver friend code: 4769-9681-3044
Join the SILVER SOLDIERS!
#4BahamutZero92Posted 5/22/2010 8:10:22 AM
I can attest to how useful that set is; most people simply are not prepared 100% for it.

It still has problems with Hitmontop w/ Foresight and Scrappy Kangaskhans though.
---
Excellent! Jack Frost Go!