This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Notable Breakpoints

#61tsanth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2008 12:23:02 PM
no$gba doesn't support DS save states, but save RAM should work properly. If you're having problems with Pokemon D/P only, check to see that you've set your save type (Files Setup->NDS Cartridge Media) to "FLASH 512 KBytes." Also ensure that sound is on (Emulator->Sound Output Mode), otherwise Pokemon will freeze at certain parts.
---
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
#62tsanth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2008 10:39:54 AM
The past week's been rather busy, so I haven't had much time to get back into the code. I'm still waiting on an update for no$gba, since I think the fancy new software-based 3D rendering will allow it to work properly under Wine.

I've done some minor improvements to my generator, but now I need a friendly web-based interface for it, which means that I need to brush up on my PHP...
---
Only I will remain.
#63tsanth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2008 6:00:54 PM
A couple notes of stuff that I ought to check before I forget:

*) Check how breeding PV/IVs are initially derived.
*) Assumption: PV/IV sets for bred pokemon are derived normally; what might be different is that nature and/or IVs from one/both of the parents are just copied over. We can verify this by breeding x pokemon and checking their PV/IV sets. If everything matches save for 0..3 IVs, we can postulate as to how the kids are generated.
---
Only I will remain.
#64tsanth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2008 7:45:29 PM
This weekend is still looking busy, but I finally pulled down the hobbyist version of v2.6a; it works very well, and the new 3D rendering engine is smokin' fast. That, and it actually works under Wine.

I'll try to make time to finish looking at the PV/IV generation this weekend. No promises, but I'm hoping for the best.
---
Only I will remain.
#65tsanth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2008 7:16:31 PM
Foiled by unforeseen circumstances. Instead of spending the weekend looking at PV/IV generation and writing shiny new PHP for a trial web application, my wife and I spent the weekend mourning the passing-on of one of our rats. -_-

RIP, Sneezy. You were loved and will be missed. orz
---
Only I will remain.
#66tsanth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2008 5:40:08 PM
Still getting situated at my new job. Time are a'changin, and so I have shelved my code-diving for a bit.

More to come once things calm down...
---
Only I will remain.
#67tsanth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2008 12:30:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#68tsanth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2008 12:21:03 AM
#69tsanth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2008 10:24:26 AM
#70ChocoboMog123Posted 2/19/2008 10:34:00 PM
*) Assumption: PV/IV sets for bred pokemon are derived normally; what might be different is that nature and/or IVs from one/both of the parents are just copied over. We can verify this by breeding x pokemon and checking their PV/IV sets. If everything matches save for 0..3 IVs, we can postulate as to how the kids are generated.

You might want to check out: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20653
In particular, "Section Three",
The IVs for the baby are first created at random. Then, a random IV from either parent is inherited to the baby. Then, any random IV except an HP IV is selected from either parent and is passed to the baby. Finally, any random IV except an HP or Defense IV is selected from either parent and passed to the baby. These three random IVs may overlap, that is, the same random IV can be chosen to be inherited in the second, or third, IV transfer.

I don't know if you knew that already or how much of that has been proven (or not) through hacking.
---
"Ive heard lopunny is good to "get into" :O" ~ Pokenub
"Listen to Chocobomog, he is " ~ kr3wbro428