This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Okay... what are hacked pokemon? U_U

#1LittleDende2Posted 1/23/2008 1:31:48 PM
I hear and see it all over the place here, and I have no idea.

---
Pearl Name: Hatsuki
# 2492 2988 3738
#2no1yoshifanPosted 1/23/2008 1:36:15 PM
pokemon created via cheat device
---
This is GameFAQS u know. Not GameARCodesHere: CALIFORNIAN93
#3Joshua_H_JackPosted 1/23/2008 2:20:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4tsanthPosted 1/23/2008 2:22:39 PM
That's really a question of whether someone subscribes to moral legitness or to programmatic legitness: hacking an item to get an event generates a pokemon which is programmatically legit, but moralists would argue that the pokemon should never have existed.

Choose your path and walk accordingly.
---
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
#5RandyGameFreakPosted 1/23/2008 2:25:52 PM
I realy considered hacked pokemon the ones with Ridicules stats, i dont see the harm in SPAWNING a pokemon, as long as it isent beefed up beyond realism
---
"i dunno i think he got something called a life"-Me
"Like the board game?, pfft loser, who plays life"-Ray
#6Jeffmaz2001Posted 1/23/2008 2:39:18 PM
If any cheating is dome to get the Pokemon into0 existance, the legit-ness of the Pokemon is gone. You did not go through all the steps intended to get it, you took shortcuts, it's hacked. After that comes the question of how obviously hacked, badly hacked, illegally hacked it is, but in the end, it's still hacked.
---
Any idiot can hack, many do.
I am playing 2 copies each of Diamond and Pearl.
#7RandyGameFreakPosted 1/23/2008 4:09:29 PM

From Jeffmaz2001
If any cheating is dome to get the Pokemon into0 existance, the legit-ness of the Pokemon is gone. You did not go through all the steps intended to get it, you took shortcuts, it's hacked. After that comes the question of how obviously hacked, badly hacked, illegally hacked it is, but in the end, it's still hacked.

But unlike Cheat hacked pokemon, theirs no way to tell, is their?
---
#8Jeffmaz2001Posted 1/23/2008 4:14:04 PM
It doesn't matter if there is no way to tell or not, it's still hacked. Yeah, the hack can be undetectable, but it is still there. Worse yet, if I had hacked, it would bug me because *I* would know it was hacked.
---
Any idiot can hack, many do.
I am playing 2 copies each of Diamond and Pearl.
#9tsanthPosted 1/23/2008 4:14:05 PM
I refer you again to the difference between moral legitness and programmatic legitness. I believe Jeff is making the point that because the pokemon could not have existed without cheating, it is not legit in a moral sense.

This is not at all the same as being able to test whether a pokemon is valid, since a pokemon can be valid irrespective of its legitimacy.
---
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
#10RandyGameFreakPosted 1/23/2008 4:26:22 PM

From Jeffmaz2001
It doesn't matter if there is no way to tell or not, it's still hacked. Yeah, the hack can be undetectable, but it is still there. Worse yet, if I had hacked, it would bug me because *I* would know it was hacked.

ok, this is what i did

I dont have any friends with pokemon, so i used AR to spawn a lvl 40 Machamp, no hacked stats or items, is that realy bad? i had no other option, also i use the AR to speed uip the process of hactting an egg and catching pokerus

i train, never touch my stats with hacks.....err other than my 999 attack and speed stat magikarp!
---