This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a good psychic

#1Mecha MAN2Posted 4/7/2008 3:00:25 AM
Hello all

I'm fairly new to Pearl but not pokemon in general, got my first 2 badges and currently have:

Prinplup
Luxio
Staravia
Ponyta
Bronzor

However I really hate how poor Bronzor's attack power is so I'm looking for a good replacement. Any suggestions? I also need a sixth pokemon, I was thinking Shieldon when its available but any other ideas are welcome.

Thanks
---
PSN ID: Sidbob
Don't be stupid...READ THE FAQs!
#2midget_devil_18Posted 4/7/2008 7:18:01 AM
My lv. 100 mewtwo?
---
Go jump off a cliff.
Or in a puddle.
#3ChakuraPosted 4/7/2008 8:29:32 AM
Kadabra/Alakazam is a good psychic type. Haunter/Gengar or Mismagius for ghost types if you want one.
#4Jeffmaz2001Posted 4/7/2008 8:33:59 AM
I always liked having an Alakazam in my party. Abras can be caught just before Oreburgh. And I have a tip for catching one:
If you have a Chimchar, he will learn Taunt early on by level-up. Get it on him or some other Pokemon, Hunt for an Abra, and when you find one, the first thing to do is use Taunt. Then the Abra cannot Teleport away and you can catch him.

Or, in Oreburgh, there is a lady who wants to trade an Abra for a Machop, so catch a Machop. Be warned however that this will be a traded Pokemon that may stop obeying if he levels too fast.

Abras start knowing Teleport, which is great for getting back to the last PC quickly until you get Fly. It has gotten me out of some desperate situations in the past. Confusion is useful right off, and Psybeam and Psychic are good upgrades. He learns Trick, which is good for stealing valuable items from wild Pokemon, if he is holding something cheap to give away. He can also learn Thief by TM which is even better.
---
Any idiot can hack, many do.
I am playing 2 copies each of Diamond and Pearl.
#5Mecha MAN2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2008 4:34:07 AM
Thanks, I went with Kadabra. Now I need someone to trade with so I can get Alakazam.
---
#6Jeffmaz2001Posted 4/8/2008 7:45:31 AM
I wish I could help you, but I have no opprotunity to do wifi.

If I were going to want to evolve a Kadabra, and I didn't have the ability to trade with myself, and I had no friends to trade with, I might try hanging out at a game store for a while looking for someone to trade with, some kid with his game who wanders in. Failing that, I might haunt the trade boards for a while trying to figure out who could be trusted to return the Kadabra. I will grant you that it is not worth much effort to steal a Kadabra, but there are low-lives out there who would do it for the joy of making you angry.
---
Any idiot can hack, many do.
I am playing 2 copies each of Diamond and Pearl.
#7Mecha MAN2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2008 6:49:56 AM
I have a friend back home who is a closet pokemon player, I'm sure he will own this game so I will ask him. About the game stores, I live in Britain so its rare to see anyone walking around with a console in their hand, mostly over fear of being mugged by homeless drug-addicts.
---
#8Dat1JokerPosted 4/9/2008 2:54:12 PM
ALAKAZAM IS SUPER POWERFUL! I have one, named Psymon, like Psy (his type) and Mon (rip off of digimon) he isnt specifically EV trained, and he sill beasts in battle. My entire team went without EV trainin, one did, BUT i tried and did a bad job...but my pokes are a hard team to beat. Anyone wanna battle?
#9bangyerdeadPosted 4/9/2008 3:23:01 PM

Sidbob505 posted...
Thanks, I went with Kadabra. Now I need someone to trade with so I can get Alakazam.
---

I'll trade!! For a alacazam, or a gengar.

#10azure hawkPosted 4/9/2008 4:34:14 PM
Misdrevius/Mismagius is a GREAT one to use. I use mine for a variant on types.

Currently, my Mismagius is lv 49 using a Spell tag (Need to change this) using
Magical Leaf (grass)
Charge Beam (electric)
Shadow Ball (ghost)
Psybeam (psychic)

I can take out water, flying, rock, fighting, some steel, some bug, dark, and POSSIBLY psychic types. Mismagius can be an all around killer.