This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Deoxys Distribution and Flashcarts

#1Masterpain22Posted 6/26/2008 2:58:33 PM
Well they have finally done it, there is a rom now of the download distribution cart for the gamestop event, so now someone with a flashcart can download the rom and then give away Deoxys to everyone they want to, and they will all be original.

Just found out about that, discuss
#2NebulaBluePosted 6/26/2008 3:06:15 PM
Well they have finally done it, there is a rom now of the download distribution cart for the gamestop event, so now someone with a flashcart can download the rom and then give away Deoxys to everyone they want to, and they will all be original.
Paradox. They'd still be hacked.
---
You forget, fool! This Purugly flies!
#3Masterpain22(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2008 3:11:31 PM
Original in the sense that they wouldn't show as a cheat version while playing on-line, and it isn't quite hacking for the people that would receive it, after all whoever goes to gamestop is just downloading Deoxys as well.
#4NebulaBluePosted 6/26/2008 3:13:30 PM
oic. Soz for misinterpreting, then.
---
You forget, fool! This Purugly flies!
#5tsanthPosted 6/26/2008 3:44:21 PM
MLBloomy did some testing to show that the cart allows distribution in the closed interval [2008-06-14, 2008-07-07]. I and others also did some testing myself to verify that it wasn't a fake. The full size of the ROM is 8 MB, but compresses down to ~300 kB or so.

Odds are that most of that is graphics; the actual transmission code is probably small. I'm hoping that this leads to a homebrew app which emulates the Mystery Gift via wifi functionality (versus via friend). One hint from the ROM itself is that it tells you which wifi channel it's on. I'm guessing that it's doing some broadcast on a known IP address, then pushing down data in a similar way to how it's transmitted from player-to-player.

Once I get a setup that can run a wireless packet sniffer, I'll look into this more. Just another thing on the list. -_-
---
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
#6Pokemonlover12Posted 6/26/2008 4:05:05 PM
All of this techie stuff is confusing, but this sounds cool. Are you people saying that it might be possible for a person to give out pokemon over mystery gift over wifi? I hope that happens...
---
"War does not show who is right, but who is left" -Unknown (at least to me)
They prefer our silence to our consent, remember this!
#7LancetJadesPosted 6/26/2008 5:31:00 PM
I'll have the save uploaded here after the event is over (after this weekend):
http://www.evermoreforums.com/johnny/pkmn/pkmnsave.html

It's just a .sav file of the event, with the Deoxys waiting at the PokeMart to be picked up (so you can't easily generate them en masse), but it could help people get them if they missed or couldn't go to the event.

Since it generates a "new" Deoxys each time, it allows generation of an infinite number of legit, unique Deoxys, not cloned, hacked ,etc.

---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
#8--ProtoMan--Posted 6/26/2008 6:28:45 PM
hey lancet jades um how do you actually get the data for each of the pokemon(manaphy,darkrai,and later, deoxys) onto ur game.
---
Friend code-171906246176
#9LancetJadesPosted 6/26/2008 8:27:51 PM
You could try googling something like "DS pokemon .sav" or something like that. I'd rather not go into it here due to some methods not exactly being on the up and up.

---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
#10HelpbbbPosted 6/26/2008 8:30:29 PM
do you want one of those proto?