This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lucky egg or Exp. Share? Which is better?

#1rafflonePosted 8/23/2008 11:22:55 AM
The both seem the same, because if I put a pokemon with the Exp. Share in battle it gains more than in it pokeball doing nothing, just like the Lucky egg. What makes the Lucky egg so great and rare.
---
ACWW FC: 519837053331/ Town: Tipa/ Name: Lenlee
Pokemon Pearl FC: 000127800586/ Name: Soomi
#2Mirage312Posted 8/23/2008 11:27:15 AM
EXP is for leveling up weak pokémon until they can fight for themself (Wurmple, Beldum, whatever). The exp is shared between the fighting pokémon and the pokémon which wears the exp share.

When they reach that stage give them the Lucky Egg and let them fight for themself and they get 1 1/2 of the normal exp.
---
My dear mirage has left me randomly in the middle of our baby making. [...] It wont stop me. ~Hasire
#3PalkiaX50Posted 8/23/2008 11:29:16 AM
According to the Item FAQ Lucky Egg gives 2xnormal EXP.
---
Sabita kokoro no tobira no kagi wa itsumo chikaku de waratte iru kara~(Scenario by Saboten) ||| PMD:BRT Rescue Code: -2H5R(...) |||
#4rafflone(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2008 11:34:18 AM
ah, I see. Thank you, but in the game leaf green you could use Exp. Share just like Lucky egg. Even now, when you though a pokemon in battle with and Exp. Share it gains more than when it doesn't hold it.
---
ACWW FC: 519837053331/ Town: Tipa/ Name: Lenlee
Pokemon Pearl FC: 000127800586/ Name: Soomi
#5MLBloomyPosted 8/23/2008 3:37:11 PM
According to the Item FAQ Lucky Egg gives 2xnormal EXP.

The Item FAQ is wrong in that respect. It is 1.5x.

ah, I see. Thank you, but in the game leaf green you could use Exp. Share just like Lucky egg. Even now, when you though a pokemon in battle with and Exp. Share it gains more than when it doesn't hold it.

Don't just look at what EXP the Pokemon gains, but the EXP every participating Pokemon earns.

Consider a team with only 2 Pokemon (A and B), battling a single Pokemon that gives 1,200 EXP when you defeat it.

A has an Exp. Share and doesn't battle. A receives 600 EXP and B receives 600 EXP.

A has an Exp. Share, starts the battle and switches. A receives 900 EXP and B receives 300 EXP. A will always get half the EXP (in this case, 600), plus it gets a share of the EXP for participating.

A has a Lucky Egg, starts and switches. A receives 900 EXP, B gets 600 EXP. A gets half of 1,200 for participating, and the Lucky Egg multiplies it by 1.5x.

A has a Lucky Egg, starts and wins without switching. A receives 1,800 EXP, B gets nothing.

Now consider having a team of 6.

A has an Exp. Share, starts, switches and every other team member gets in. A receives 700 EXP, the other team members each get 100 EXP.

A has a Lucky Egg, starts, switches and every other team member gets in. A receives 300 EXP, the other team members each get 200 EXP.

The above EXP gains may not be 100% game accurate due to game rounding, but you get the idea. Pokemon A gets the most EXP by holding a Lucky Egg and not switching. Switching with 1 other Pokemon makes the Lucky Egg and Exp. Share gains equal, though the Lucky Egg doesn't take EXP away from the other Pokemon like the Exp. Share does. Switching with more than 1 other Pokemon gives the edge to the Exp. Share.