This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Badges required for traded pokemon to obey

#1Batgirl520Posted 7/27/2009 10:15:11 AM
I have played Platinum all the way through and just started Pearl. I decided to start out by trading some Pokemon from Platinum that I want to have for this game. However, on the way to the first gym, they started reaching Level 12 and would no longer listen to me. I have searched but can't find what level of pokemon each gym badge lets you control. If somebody could please point me to where I can find that info or list it here, I would really appreciate it.

Here is the badge list to make it easier:

1. Coal Badge
2. Forest Badge
3. Cobal Badge
4. Fen Badge
5. Relic Badge
6. Mine Badge
7. Glaceon Badge
8. Beacon Badge

---
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.
#2phiefer3Posted 7/27/2009 10:26:29 AM
0 badges up to level 10
2 badges up to level 30
4 badges up to level 50
6 badges up to level 70
8 badges all pokemon obey

the above may actually be tied to specific badges, I'm not 100% sure, but you generally get them in order anyways.

---
Since Phiefer is the only person here who fully understands the intricate complexities of Chocobo Breeding, I nominate him as unoffical 'guru.' ~diamond weapon
#3RPG_Legend06Posted 7/27/2009 10:47:59 AM
Is there any way to get the badges out of order in DPPt?
I know in gen 1 / FR LG you can do badges 4-7 put of order (IIRC?), but I don't remember it being possible in Gen4.
---
^QFT
"Why would we get a vent server? So I can HEAR how annoying most of you are?"-DallDonn
#4aortiz_48Posted 7/27/2009 11:02:18 AM
the only two i can think of would be the pastoria and veilstone gym badges

it doesnt matter which one you do before the other
---
~~(_*_*_)~~
~~(F S M)~~
#5MLBloomyPosted 7/27/2009 11:48:58 AM
I have searched but can't find what level of pokemon each gym badge lets you control.

Did you check the manual?
#6Batgirl520(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2009 1:24:53 PM
Ok, now you are just being logical. However, I bought this game used and I don't think I have a manual for it. I just seem to recall that in Platinum, the gym leader always told you about the levels after each win. They aren't as helpful in Pearl. I will see if I can find my Platinum manual.
---
#7Jeffmaz2001Posted 7/28/2009 7:22:18 AM
Batgirl, check the walkthroughs in the FAQs section of this board. Many of them will list not only the levels, but the movesets of various trainers Pokemon.
---
Trading is not cheating, but cheaters trade, so I don't.
#8Batgirl520(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2009 10:48:56 AM
Hey Jeff! How are you doing. (You know me from AC. This is Nancy.)

I did try looking at the FAQ's and didn't find it there either. I ended up restarting the game and sending over eggs from Platinum instead of the actual level 1 Pokemon. I had only just gotten the first badge so it really wasn't a big deal to start again. (Of course, the breeding part over on Platinum took a long time!) On a side note, the 2nd or 3rd pokemon I saw while leveling them up on the very first route was a shiny Starly. That is only the second shiny I have ever come across. The first was while using PokeRadar in Platinum. It was a shiny Roselia.
---
#9Jeffmaz2001Posted 7/28/2009 11:54:03 AM
Hi Nancy, I am doing great. I am just back from vacation today, my first day back at work. We took the family to Akron Ohio because my daughter got an invitation to race in the worldwide soap box derby championships, What a party!!!! She lost in the first round, like 2 thirds of the racers do, but we had a blast anyway.

I hope you caught that Starly. You did, right? Congrats on the shiny. The last shiny I caught was an Unown. Bleahhhhh! At least a Starly can be used ingame, just include him in your party and level him up. I would not hesitate to use him for AT LEAST Fly and Defog.

Didn't phiefer's post above answer your questions about badges and obeying? Also, you know that if you hatch the egg in your game, you are the original trainer and they are not considered to be traded Pokemon. So they will always obey.
---
Trading is not cheating, but cheaters trade, so I don't.
#10Batgirl520(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2009 1:20:03 PM
Akron: The vacation capitol of the world! I did hear though that the girls did kick some major soap box derby butt this year. Glad you had fun.

Yes, I read the answer. I just didn't want to spend the whole game worrying about how far I leveled up. My newest favorite pokemon is Gallade (and Gardevoir to a point) and I really wanted one for this game. Ralts can't be caught in Pearl until after you receive the National Dex. It wasn't the boosted experience that I was after.

And yes, I caught the Starly.
---