Help with unlocking the map

#1rollojrPosted 2/3/2009 12:30:19 PM
is there any way to unlock the full map (remove barriers connecting cities) without doing the missions? ive already beaten the game on PS2 and just recently got it on the XBL market place and dont want to waste my time doing it again. if there is a way ive checked google but nothing helpful came up. so can anyone help me?
#2overcrackerPosted 2/3/2009 3:38:47 PM
Nope, no cheat or other method exists to open up the map other than doing the required missions.

You can however use the lock wanted cheat, and go to the other areas without being bothered by the cops. But the barriers will still be there.

No way to remove them unless you do the missions that open up the map areas.
---
"You know what time it is? It's clobberin' time..."
"Look who just sprayed ya with a can o' whooppass"
#3Clock_Man_XPosted 2/4/2009 2:07:46 PM
If you use the flying car cheat, I think you can exploit the barriers and unlock the map from anywhere/anytime in the game.
---
Obey Strawberryclock...OBEY HIM!!!
(ClockCrew)
#4rollojr(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2009 2:13:34 PM
yeah i already am using the lock wanted level. oh well i guess when i have nothing to do ill do the missions. thanks for your help guys (no sarcasm intended)
#5Clock_Man_XPosted 2/4/2009 2:15:45 PM
Wait, stop. I just tried the flying car cheat and i'm at the beginning of the game. I can get anywhere in San Andreas now. No need to do misions.
---
(ClockCrew)
#6overcrackerPosted 2/4/2009 4:21:16 PM
you don't really need flying cars, you can use a plane.

The point is you can go anywhere on the map from the very beginning, you'll just get bothered by the cops a lot.
In other words the entire map is accessible, its just the cops you need to worry about, but nothing stops you from actually going there in any method. plane, boat, flying car etc...

---
#7Clock_Man_XPosted 2/5/2009 1:55:06 PM
Wait, so if I lower the wanted level when I get out of the city, the cops will stop chasing me? Or will the wanted level restart?
---
(ClockCrew)
#8overcrackerPosted 2/6/2009 12:06:02 PM
Put in the Lock Wanted Level code before leaving the city, and while having no stars, that way when you cross over to the areas you are not supposed to be in, the wanted level will not go up as its locked at zero stars, and the cops wont chase you.
---