The topic got archived!

#471cold blue steel(Moderator)Posted 7/6/2012 1:28:31 AM
Coke didn't play Brink with us but he'd be up for it, I think - only problem would be getting both of us free for long enough to have a good run at it (he seems to be busy most weekends). We're just grinding out the last 2k kills on 40th Day at the moment :)

I have both OF games and am eager to play - only played the first mission of DR but otherwise they're untouched. Expect me to suck until I understand what it wants from me. And expect me to grab vehicles and then drive them like a loon.

Call of Juarez: Cartel - hadn't realised this was co-op until Halo_Forever told me. I'm up for it. Not touched it yet :P

Rage: does online stuff require one-time codes?
Space Marine: It has co-op? Is it the main campaign or an extra set of missions? Does it need the online code to get this?
Sniper: On my list but hard to get cheap.
Syndicate: Even harder to get cheap, don't know much about it but after it for nostalgia value ;)
ME3: Be a while til I get this because I'm not that fussed about ME. Any codes required for MP? *sigh* Likewise F3AR/Darkness II, I'll get em eventually but no time soon.

Hunted: Got this for splitscreen but not touched it yet. It's tough? Ugh, I was hoping we could laugh our way through it at the Gearsing-up of a fantasy game :/

I dunno much about Gears 3 - it's a Gears game so I'll get it just to co-op with Coke if nothing else. Not a great fan of the series but hey, full co-op campaign and horde-type stuff can't be sniffed at!
---
tant d'echecs, tant de defaites
#472Halo_ForeverPosted 7/6/2012 3:05:30 AM(edited)
cold blue steel posted...

I have both OF games and am eager to play - only played the first mission of DR but otherwise they're untouched. Expect me to suck until I understand what it wants from me. And expect me to grab vehicles and then drive them like a loon.

If you see me and Eraser online at the same time, we could give it a go.

Rage: does online stuff require one-time codes?

No, the codes are merely bonus stuff.

Space Marine: It has co-op? Is it the main campaign or an extra set of missions? Does it need the online code to get this?

Has an online code, but it just caps you off at a certain level, you can still play co-op and MP without it.

ME3: Be a while til I get this because I'm not that fussed about ME. Any codes required for MP?

Online pass required to play online at all.

Hunted: Got this for splitscreen but not touched it yet. It's tough? Ugh, I was hoping we could laugh our way through it at the Gearsing-up of a fantasy game :/

Me and Eraser are pretty much stuck on normal (been a while since a game did that to me). It has a easy difficulty setting though.

I dunno much about Gears 3 - it's a Gears game so I'll get it just to co-op with Coke if nothing else. Not a great fan of the series but hey, full co-op campaign and horde-type stuff can't be sniffed at!

There is also some free DLC on Live for it, two extra maps and they are quite pretty as much.

@Mutant
Regarding Black Ops, if you want it, Play has it for about 200 SEK (IIRC 85 SEK=10€)

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/15021241/Call-Of-Duty-Black-Ops/Product.html?searchstring=Black+Ops&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#473Mutant1988Posted 7/6/2012 4:34:29 AM(edited)
"Rage: does online stuff require one-time codes?"

No.There is a bit of day 1 (Anarchy Edition - A spiked glove, an armor, a sawn of shotgun and a car) /New Copy DLC (A couple of sewer levels), but nothing that applies to the multiplayer.

"Syndicate: Even harder to get cheap, don't know much about it but after it for nostalgia value ;)"

It's nothing like old Syndicate. It's nowhere as dark and cynical as the old games. For starters, you're playing as one of the agents and he has a personality. That's.... Not how the old games were. It tries to be Deus Ex more than it tries to be Syndicate. It doesn't seem like a bad game, but it really should have been named something else.

The co-op seems a bit more faithful though, what with being 4 player and all. All you have to do is pretend that you're actually a corporate executive controlling a brainwashed drone, rather than you being agent yourself.

Is 15£ too much? Converted to SEK, it's cheaper than what I'm planning to get it for.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/syndicate-157759?pageSize=20&searchTerm=Syndicate

Why do I feel Gears 3 to be a downgrade? Might be the wrong word, but it's just that as a whole, it doesn't impress me even the slightest.

Beyond the co-op, nothing seems to be an improvement from Gears 2. It's just more stuff. And I quite frankly hate the direction the story went.

My dislike of the story really began with Gears 2. I liked Gears 1, it was atmospheric and the motivations of the bad guys wasn't elaborated on which made it more interesting. You were fighting a losing war against a foe you didn't know anything about.

And then Gears 2 just made them flat monsters escaping from other monsters, doing evil things solely for the sake of the evulz, while escaping from evil goo with the exact same motivation (Being evil for the sake of being evil). Come Gears 3, it seems like said goo is basically the Flood. Way to be cliché there guys.

Eh, I'm not all that interested in Black Ops. Especially not when the only co-op it offers is Zombies. I didn't care for it at all in World at War.

So yeah, Crysis 2 seems worth picking up. Might pick up Syndicate while I'm at it, along with Valkyria Chronicles (Which I really want to get before it becomes rare).

Will wait a few more days before ordering these though, since I'm not 100% sure how much money I can spend, since I have to pitch in a bit of money at home for food and bills.

Not sure if I should throw Call of Juarez or ME3 in there as well. Just to have something new to co-op.

Is there any other co-op games you guys can think of that you want to play that I happen to own (Competitive MP is fine too, if I already own the game) or could pick up for a decent price?
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#474Halo_ForeverPosted 7/6/2012 5:36:19 AM
Why do I feel Gears 3 to be a downgrade? Might be the wrong word, but it's just that as a whole, it doesn't impress me even the slightest.

Beyond the co-op, nothing seems to be an improvement from Gears 2. It's just more stuff.

Okay.

Though, I'd argue that lessened focus on camping one spot and the new very aggressive Beast Mode constitute quite serious improvements over Gears 2, where I felt that camping one spot often was the optimal strategy..

And I quite frankly hate the direction the story went.

My dislike of the story really began with Gears 2. I liked Gears 1, it was atmospheric and the motivations of the bad guys wasn't elaborated on which made it more interesting. You were fighting a losing war against a foe you didn't know anything about.

For my part Gears 1 was pretty much meh the game when it came to story, complete with the classic opening of "What the **** is going on here?", for all the info given to you, one could think that you are on Earth. Didn't help that on my initial playthrough the Resonator video glitched and was skipped so we had no clue what the hell was going.

You could pretty much say that I've considered Gears's story stupid from minute one, so for my part they could have the grand finale as a cover based ballet showdown and I still wouldn't react to it.

Eh, I'm not all that interested in Black Ops. Especially not when the only co-op it offers is Zombies. I didn't care for it at all in World at War.

Okay.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#475scowl_owl_2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2012 8:26:42 PM
What good single player dlc is there other than for Fable games? Do you know of any good ones? It mainly seems to be deathmatch type dlc :(
---
Many original Xbox games graphics still look great to me.
#476cold blue steel(Moderator)Posted 7/14/2012 1:53:50 AM
If you look at multiplayer games, you'll see multiplayer DLC :P I'm not much of a DLC person but I think there is plenty of single player stuff out there - how "good" it is of course depends on your taste. But how about Oblivion's, the new Skyrim add-on, GTA IV's two new episodes, Red Dead's Undead add-on, just for big-name starters? Then there are DLC toys for sandbox games - Saints Row 3, Just Cause 2, Crackdown 2 - and extra chapters for co-op games - both Army of Twos, RE5.

I think DLC spans all sorts of things, it tends to focus on what makes the game good and expands on it - multiplayer for shooters, story for RPGs, toys for sandboxes, all sorts!

Do you have the DLC for Fable then? Fable 2, is this? I started on Fable 2 in co-op splitscreen but it was extremely frustrating for both of us and I'm not sure I feel like soloing it now. The demo for Fable 3 was too structured for my liking but I shall probably pick it up some day and try to co-op it.
---
#477scowl_owl_2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2012 1:24:46 PM
Thanks for the suggestions but I don't have any of those games except for Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable 2 and of those only Fable 2 is relevant to this. The only add on I have ever downloaded is for Blue Dragon to make the game more challenging and I haven't used that yet as I have only played it through once.
---
#478cold blue steel(Moderator)Posted 7/15/2012 1:59:46 AM
What was Blue Dragon like? I didn't get much out of the demo (RPG demos are tough to enjoy - I don't care about the characters or grinding them up since it's just a short demo, and even if I cared about the story it's hard to get a good feel for it in such a short time), but I was gonna try and pick it up super-cheap if possible. Roughly how long, how tough, how linear, how enjoyable? :P
---
#479SwordOfLightPosted 7/15/2012 4:07:37 AM
I've watched the anime of it. No idea about the game.
---
Signature
#480scowl_owl_2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2012 2:11:56 PM
I don't recommend it for you at all as it's vast and takes tens of hours to complete. You could play several games in the time it takes to play that. Without the add on that I have downloaded it's too easy except for the hardest several or a bit more than several battles.
---