How to add custom tracks to GTA: LCS. Both techniques, very detailed.

#1Sweet_PimpPosted 11/3/2005 8:40:14 AMmessage detail
Technique one:
Requirements: PSP EAC.

You need to use the PSP EAC.

http://www.mobiledeviant.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=149

Just download that, after its finished, rename the file by adding .zip to it. Unzip, install, reboot, and open the program. All you need to do is usb connect your psp, drag any and all your mp3s to the EAC window, it compresses, then go into your psp custom tracks folder and rename all the files to .gta

It will make your future conversions easier.

If you haven't downloaded the RCT, you'll need to manually make a custom track folder in your saved data folder. The proper folder name is

ULUS10041CUSTOMTRACKS

This method didn't work for me, but it's been tested and does work. The second method has worked for just about everyone.

Method 2:
Requirements: Windows Media, Nero, Daemon, RCT.

1. Connect PSP to computer via USB Mode.
2. Open Windows Media Player
3. Click File > New Playlist. Select the songs you want in GTA. Save playlist as gta or whatever you want.
4. After you select your songs, highlight them, right click, and choose Copy to CD or Device.
5. Since you have Nero, under Items on Device choose "Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in or something similar.
6. The status on the songs should change to Ready to copy. Click on copy on the upper right corner and Nero should open.
7. When the Nero pop up appears, under Current recorder choose Image Recorder. After that click burn.
8. Save it wherever you please.
9. When it's done burning, exit Nero and open Daemon.
10. When you open Daemon (if it doesn't open just right click it on the taskbar in the system tray), it'll ask you to select a new image. Select your playlist you saved.
11. Take no action if the computer asks you to.
12. Now open Rockstar Custom Tracks. When it's open switch it to Generic DVD-Rom. Your songs should appear as Track01, Track02, etc.
13. Rename them if you please.
14. On the left side there should be a CD with an arrow. Click it. Make sure no songs are playing in the program or are highlighted. If a song is highlighted it will only copy that one. So if one is highlighted just click the white background in the program.
15. Once clicked a pop up called "Game Selection" will pop up. GTA: Liberty City Stories (US) will be among the choices. Obviously, choose that one.
16. Extracting begins. >_>
17. When extracting finishes close the program, disconnect the PSP from the USB connection, turn on the PSP, turn on the game.
18. When the game starts up, pause it, go to Audio, go to Custom Tracks and select On.

Your done.

Hopefully that will slow down a bunch of topics...
---
http://belsroomoffun.com/boards/index.php
A message board with an actual purpose in going.
#2theabominablePosted 11/3/2005 8:55:27 AMmessage detail
should be stickied i think. Thanks, btw
---
CP: GTA: VC, GTA: SA, GTA: LCS
#3jamoggerPosted 11/3/2005 8:56:20 AMmessage detail
Any idea how to create custom tracks on a Mac?
Any help would be appreciated.
#4DeamonvividPosted 11/3/2005 9:30:58 AMmessage detail
yeah! what about us mac users, c'mon somebody figure out something for us. I'll be very grateful
#5StameenkyaPosted 11/3/2005 9:44:48 AMmessage detail
Cool, thank you.
---
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=ANF&id=stams
#6Sweet_Pimp(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2005 10:18:22 AMmessage detail
My friend has a mac, not sure if it's still running...

But I'll see if I can find something out for that, as well.
---
#7illfamousPosted 11/3/2005 10:21:20 AMmessage detail
tag
---
Please tell me someone did not ****ing stick a condom into my dvd. Because I touched it-Correctamundo
#8Sweet_Pimp(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2005 11:09:38 AMmessage detail
Bump and feedback appreciated for those who tried it.
---
#9d_winchyPosted 11/3/2005 1:40:58 PMmessage detail

Sights Unseen II posted...

Method 2:
Requirements: Windows Media, Nero, Daemon, RCT.

1. Connect PSP to computer via USB Mode.
2. Open Windows Media Player
3. Click File > New Playlist. Select the songs you want in GTA. Save playlist as gta or whatever you want.
4. After you select your songs, highlight them, right click, and choose Copy to CD or Device.
5. Since you have Nero, under Items on Device choose "Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in or something similar.
6. The status on the songs should change to Ready to copy. Click on copy on the upper right corner and Nero should open.
7. When the Nero pop up appears, under Current recorder choose Image Recorder. After that click burn.
8. Save it wherever you please.

I'm having trouble with this bit? When I right click it does not say "Copy to CD or Device".

I have WMP 10, Nero 6, with the Nero Fast CD-Burning Plugin on.
Also, in options, under devices it has nothing to do with Nero, and if I click Add... then it jsut takes me to a microsoft site.
-Confused-
#10HojoojoH 2Posted 11/3/2005 1:52:17 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]