This game

#1zhobanPosted 5/29/2011 7:47:36 PM
Why did everyone think this was such a scary game? I went into it thinking I would be playing a great horror game and I came out of it bored and unsatisfied. I tried really hard to like it, but I just didn't find anything to like about it. I didn't even jump at one part or feel any type of tension.
#2UltimatechidoriPosted 5/30/2011 1:55:36 AM
The only way to play this game is alone, in your room, at 3 am in the morning. Being really close to the television in a chair is also a must. I won't explain myself about getting into character, and your perception of the game, due to your question being asked very frequently.

Look around, you may just find answers.
---
Befriend your inner demons, fore they are the true reflection of yourself
#3speedfogPosted 5/30/2011 1:56:19 PM

I allmost played the game out, takes me some 2 hours more... I think this game is great, and i totaly love it. You were probebly playing it when it was daylight. Just try the second one if you want to have a realy scary game.

#4zhoban(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2011 9:27:30 AM
speedfog posted...
I allmost played the game out, takes me some 2 hours more... I think this game is great, and i totaly love it. You were probebly playing it when it was daylight. Just try the second one if you want to have a realy scary game.

I played all of it at night time. And no point ever scared me.
---
Don't get all holy on me, James. This town called you, too. You and me are the same. We're not like other people. Eddie Dombrowski (Silent Hill 2)
#5staticxmiPosted 6/16/2011 9:23:29 AM
It's only scary if you let it be. If you play while trying not to get scared then of course you won't be. And don't lie, you know that's what you did.
---
protozero666: It's a shame people like Chad Kroeger are as good as or even better than Hendrix now :(
#6KirbixPosted 7/12/2011 10:02:38 PM
It's all about immersion. Hearing people in the dark and not being able to see them isn't scary if you aren't immersed.

The mannequins bothered the **** out of me, but only because I had put myself in his shoes. If you keep the 4th wall up, you're never going to get scared (or feel any emotion, really) with a game.
---
Signatures that consist of quotes are bizarre- you could falsify a quote and no one would know.-Jesus
#7J_H_E_YPosted 7/18/2011 6:31:22 AM

This is a very good game ! and one of the best launch gamed thats nearly six old, its doin well for its time!

#8natevinesPosted 7/31/2011 11:08:10 AM
Yeah, the game isn't VERY scary for most grown men, but by video game standards it's certainly atmospheric and chilling. I definitely jumped/was on edge more than any movie in recent years has made me.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#9Lady_SiaraPosted 8/3/2011 8:17:14 AM
natevines posted...
Yeah, the game isn't VERY scary for most grown men

%u0CA0_%u0CA0

Also, if a game is scary enough on its own, you shouldn't have to play it at 3 o'clock, in the dark, alone, and face plastered to the tv. I love scary games and am enjoying Condemned, but let's not make excuses. :P
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Lady_Siara
http://www.youtube.com/user/SymphonyOfSerenity
#10natevinesPosted 8/7/2011 9:04:19 PM
I don't know what "%u0CA0_%u0CA0" is. Maybe a Gamespot thing?
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman