Beast Transformation Quest question

#1DevilLord6Posted 3/16/2009 4:15:12 PM
So I talked to Alexina after getting the Explorer of Rano title, and she wants me to do one of three possible quests. I can either sketch every Rano field boss, kill a Sandworm fieldboss, or beat the Glowing Stone Gargoyle Statue Relic Maiz dungeon run.

In your opinion, which one is the easiest to do? Also, how strong do you reccomend I be to run that dungeon or beat the sandworm? I only started playing as this giant two weeks ago, and I'm still very weak. I don't intend to finish these quests in the near future if they are too hard.
---
Super Smash Brothers Brawl FC: 1891-0834-5733
(WiiSpeak enabled) AC City Folk FC: Town: Gensou, David - 4296-6666-1476
#2FireLeo86Posted 3/16/2009 4:28:22 PM
The easiest and safest possible quest is sketching the field bosses of Rano. The Sandworm is crazy to take down alone and gathering the artifacts to construct the statue is very tedious.
#3BadassZettaPosted 3/16/2009 5:16:43 PM
I say just do Maize.
I'm doing the field boss one and ARRRRRRG is it boring.
---
I'm a badass freakin' Overlord!
#4DevilLord6(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2009 5:21:44 PM
How would you go about doing the field boss one anyway? Is there anything I can do other than stand around on the spawn spot untill it appears? How often do they appear anyway?
---
Super Smash Brothers Brawl FC: 1891-0834-5733
(WiiSpeak enabled) AC City Folk FC: Town: Gensou, David - 4296-6666-1476
#5BadassZettaPosted 3/16/2009 6:31:32 PM
How would you go about doing the field boss one anyway?

Just get one person to watch each channel for spawns.
...and then wait.

Is there anything I can do other than stand around on the spawn spot untill it appears?

I guess you could L-Rod or something.

How often do they appear anyway?

Not very.
---
I'm a badass freakin' Overlord!
#6EmblemWarriorPosted 3/17/2009 10:23:48 AM
Unless you're rich, maiz is going to be very hard to do, seeing as how you'll have to collect ALL the pieces yourself

if you're too lazy to do that, be prepared to shell out up to 250k for a spot in a SG party
---
You may need to reload on ammunition, friends, infrastructure, enemies, political goodwill, the VIP you were supposed to protect, but a kill is not an overkill.
#7yaybladePosted 3/20/2009 7:01:55 PM
Speaking of the field bosses, do they spawn the same way as the one in Uldah? I've been grinding on Gnus for an hour and there's still no formor command scroll.
---
I did not, I repeat, I did not sleep with that young intern, as a matter of fact, I was UP All Night ~Shawn Michaels
#8EmblemWarriorPosted 3/20/2009 7:05:54 PM
grind on weaker enemies, i found my command scrolls from mongooses

---
You may need to reload on ammunition, friends, infrastructure, enemies, political goodwill, the VIP you were supposed to protect, but a kill is not an overkill.
#9MidnightSunPosted 3/21/2009 12:41:55 AM
Both my elf and Giant got transformation from doing Maiz.

It will get you faster if you just find a group of skilled friends to help you out on Maiz and its cake.

---
****I-No: Guitar-Smashing Witch in Crimson Symphony****
***Currently waiting for a "new" Guilty Gear game***