My only concern is respawn

#1Nataku956Posted 1/11/2010 12:41:14 AM
Just watched some gameplay vids (this one to be precise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it_O7JSsIEM) and as the title stats the only problem I have with it is respawn. In the vid when their on the mission and the player dies he respawns a short distance away...Now that is just unfair and I hope there is some limit to respawns or else some fights will never end.

---
Video games are ultimately a waste of time and will never be productive so stop trying to act like what you do in a game matters and just have fun wasting time.
#2SolutionRedPosted 1/11/2010 5:23:20 PM
The whole point is to keep you in the action at all times.
as for fights never ending, im sure they will end at one point just after enough bullets
have been traded.
---
"Yeah I heard one let his own son die, that's bad parenting right there." - lacrossewalk
#3Nataku956(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2010 11:04:12 PM
Sorry I can't agree. That's fine for the chaos server sure...but for the other type of server (which the name escapes me at the moment) it will make missions like the one in the demo not game breaking but hmm annoying I guess (in my opinion). He respawned only a short distance away from the enemies and ended up behind them and killed them both.

Sure its their fault for not checking their back but at the same time usually when an enemy is dead he is dead long enough so you wont have to worry about him for a decent amount of time (game wise at least, more than 5 secs, like left4dead vs on infected side which is at least 10secs and up).

---
Video games are ultimately a waste of time and will never be productive so stop trying to act like what you do in a game matters and just have fun wasting time.
#4SolutionRedPosted 1/13/2010 6:26:24 PM
Hey im agreeing with you on this, i was just telling you what they said in one of the interviews.
i can post a link to it later.
---
"Yeah I heard one let his own son die, that's bad parenting right there." - lacrossewalk
#5Nataku956(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2010 3:10:39 PM
I believe it was also in one of the podcasts along with the demo footage I mentioned.

---