Just wondering how people I play against have ultra long range weapons and skill

#1silvergokuZPosted 7/11/2011 3:53:12 PM
Just as I could be so far away that they are dots in the distance and yet can kill me in 2-3 hits yet I could be almost point blank range behind someone and unload half a clip or so and they can still turna around and kill me easily.

Similarly they can blow up my car in a few seconds and it takes me 2 full clips at close range to blow up a car(so useless if they are driving away!)

I understand people hide behing walls and all that so they can snipe easy but is there something I am missing i.e weapons?
---
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.
#2mjnoir1Posted 7/11/2011 4:34:44 PM
sniper rifles are powerful.
#3HappyMrSnowmanPosted 7/11/2011 7:16:29 PM
The ALIG is very powerful against vehicles. Also, depending on the car you're in it may take anywhere from 1 to 2 clips to kill it. The STAR is pretty bad at car killing, so if thats what you're using, its no surprise.
---
Stalker Clear Sky isn't a game. Its a virus - PapaTak when asked his opinions of STCS.
#4silvergokuZ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2011 9:04:46 PM
Well I tried a few different guns from the in game shop and they seemed to do no difference but then theres still tons locked since I cant do well in many missions as I am killed before I get a chance to do much so its a bit of a catch 22 situation.

I do notice the game is almost utterly a campers dream since people just wait till you have to deliver something and kill you when they are on rooftops so you cant fight back well.
---
#5steker16Posted 7/12/2011 5:05:47 AM
saying "people kill me in 2 shots from far away and i cant kill them up close unloading an entire clip" is entirely an L2play problem

only 2 weapons kill in 2 shots, one is a sniper and one is a shot gun. most weapons kills in 5-6 shots, so nothing takes "unloading and entire clip"

and saying its a "campers dream" is just hilarious, 995 of missions are one team attacking and one team defending. they are defending a location, if you just walk into the objective without knowing where they are, or knowing you killed them then you should EXPECT to get ambushed while trying to complete something.

against, L2play and stop blaming the fact that you're getting stomped on something other than just being new to the game and not fully understanding the mechanics or knowing the district layout
---
nomnomnom
#6ionusXPosted 7/12/2011 8:54:06 AM

steker16 posted...
saying "people kill me in 2 shots from far away and i cant kill them up close unloading an entire clip" is entirely an L2play problem

only 2 weapons kill in 2 shots, one is a sniper and one is a shot gun. most weapons kills in 5-6 shots, so nothing takes "unloading and entire clip"

and saying its a "campers dream" is just hilarious, 995 of missions are one team attacking and one team defending. they are defending a location, if you just walk into the objective without knowing where they are, or knowing you killed them then you should EXPECT to get ambushed while trying to complete something.

against, L2play and stop blaming the fact that you're getting stomped on something other than just being new to the game and not fully understanding the mechanics or knowing the district layout
---
nomnomnom

quit raging you jsut mad you cant figure out whay the game out yourself so you aimbot..

look TC there are any variety of reasons why and tbh it focuses mroe on teamwork in missions than lone wolfing it. thats how you wind up in a box faster than a recored dictates

#7steker16Posted 7/12/2011 12:46:24 PM
ionusX posted...

quit raging you jsut mad you cant figure out whay the game out yourself so you aimbot.

....what?
---
nomnomnom
#8silvergokuZ(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 12:49:29 PM
steker16 posted...

Well I am not stupid, when I say its a campers dream its because they sit in a position that its hard to attack back so they can just sit there and shoot knowing its hard to get near them, that is camping.

When you have a time limit even if you can get to where the enemy player is its down to pure luck if they see you first then shoot so its so imbalanced.

Anyway I got a high powered rifle now I am doing better, my first kill with the rifle was for a bounty lol.
---
#9steker16Posted 7/12/2011 8:20:23 PM
silvergokuZ posted...

Well I am not stupid, when I say its a campers dream its because they sit in a position that its hard to attack back so they can just sit there and shoot knowing its hard to get near them, that is camping.

When you have a time limit even if you can get to where the enemy player is its down to pure luck if they see you first then shoot so its so imbalanced.

Anyway I got a high powered rifle now I am doing better, my first kill with the rifle was for a bounty lol.

so they take up a good defensive location when trying to stop you from completing an objective? this is not a typical FPS where "camping" is shunned. camping an objective IS the objective for the team on defense. its up to you to break through it by out smarting them or out gunning them, very few location are so easily defended that once someone gets there you flat out cant get through. it has nothing to do with luck
---
nomnomnom