Philosophical ponderings....

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Coffee Tycoon
  3. Philosophical ponderings....
7 years ago#1
In this topic I will pose philosophical questions that I hope you will think on with me....an online socratic seminar of sorts..

Question #1
Does mental and spiritual reality ultimately depend on the physical world, or is it the other way around?
---
"I am not a sexist, I own a wife" -drointhewind
"The race for quality is neverending so technically it's just like a death march" - unknown
7 years ago#2
I'll answer this tomorrow when i'm not tired.
---
If I had a dollar for every stupid person I've come across, I'd be able to buy China.
The official grue master of EP.
7 years ago#3
sounds good
---
"The race for quality is neverending so technically it's just like a death march" - unknown
7 years ago#4
IMO, the physical world we see relies heavily on what our brain perceives. There are many things that our brain registers that are simply illusions. I believe that how our brain reacts to certain things is also reflected on our past expirences and/or how we were raised. An example of this is racism. If a child grows up in a racist household, I think it is very likely that the child may become racist, although there are exceptions as always.
---
If I had a dollar for every stupid person I've come across, I'd be able to buy China.
7 years ago#5
I agree with your point of view in almost every aspect. as it seems to me that were this not true religious would not exist in concentrations but in a more uniform mix. People tend to accept the views that they are exposed to as children and told are correct through various forms of role model guidance.

Question #2
What does it mean to be. (i.e. exist)

this question will probably involve some debate... rather than just two answers.
---
7 years ago#6
I believe you have no time to ponder such questions, as Link has just grabbed the smash ball.
---
Tails82's alt. You'll probably never notice it, though. Who reads sigs?
I liek objectulating!
7 years ago#7
Next question please, and person above me please identify yourself if you could be so kind.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Coffee Tycoon
  3. Philosophical ponderings....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived