Philosophical ponderings....

#1darthhornPosted 9/15/2009 1:03:54 AM
In this topic I will pose philosophical questions that I hope you will think on with me....an online socratic seminar of sorts..

Question #1
Does mental and spiritual reality ultimately depend on the physical world, or is it the other way around?
---
"I am not a sexist, I own a wife" -drointhewind
"The race for quality is neverending so technically it's just like a death march" - unknown
#2Froggie48Posted 9/15/2009 1:09:25 AM
I'll answer this tomorrow when i'm not tired.
---
If I had a dollar for every stupid person I've come across, I'd be able to buy China.
The official grue master of EP.
#3darthhorn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2009 1:26:51 AM
sounds good
---
"The race for quality is neverending so technically it's just like a death march" - unknown
#4Froggie48Posted 9/15/2009 7:06:50 PM
IMO, the physical world we see relies heavily on what our brain perceives. There are many things that our brain registers that are simply illusions. I believe that how our brain reacts to certain things is also reflected on our past expirences and/or how we were raised. An example of this is racism. If a child grows up in a racist household, I think it is very likely that the child may become racist, although there are exceptions as always.
---
If I had a dollar for every stupid person I've come across, I'd be able to buy China.
#5allthetriumphPosted 9/16/2009 12:21:03 AM
I agree with your point of view in almost every aspect. as it seems to me that were this not true religious would not exist in concentrations but in a more uniform mix. People tend to accept the views that they are exposed to as children and told are correct through various forms of role model guidance.

Question #2
What does it mean to be. (i.e. exist)

this question will probably involve some debate... rather than just two answers.
---
#6TaiIs82Posted 10/16/2009 5:50:41 PM
I believe you have no time to ponder such questions, as Link has just grabbed the smash ball.
---
Tails82's alt. You'll probably never notice it, though. Who reads sigs?
I liek objectulating!
#7Froggie48Posted 10/22/2009 9:12:29 PM
Next question please, and person above me please identify yourself if you could be so kind.
---