Liquid Snake, Liquid Ocelot story question (spoilers for all MGS games)

#1wookieeassassinPosted 1/18/2011 12:15:50 AM

So, why did Liquid Snake want Big Boss' remains in MGS1? Was he actually going to do anything with REX? Was he against the Patriots? Was he really a 'good guy' in the end like Liquid Ocelot (as far as the Patriots are concerned, but he did a ton of things that couldn't be considered good by pretty much anyone [Eastern Europe anyone?])

Liquid Ocelot was really Ocelot by MGS4 right? Why did he fight Snake at the end of MGS4? Because he wanted to is the only reason I can come up with, since the whole Patriots thing was over with

#2AcceptThisNamePosted 1/18/2011 4:25:19 AM
"Why did he fight Snake at the end of MGS4?"

"you and I still have a score to settle"
#3X195Posted 1/18/2011 7:38:27 AM
"So, why did Liquid Snake want Big Boss' remains in MGS1? Was he actually going to do anything with REX? Was he against the Patriots? Was he really a 'good guy' in the end like Liquid Ocelot (as far as the Patriots are concerned, but he did a ton of things that couldn't be considered good by pretty much anyone [Eastern Europe anyone?])

Liquid Ocelot was really Ocelot by MGS4 right? Why did he fight Snake at the end of MGS4?"

1)To fix his and the Genome Soldiers flaws, I don't remember the exact details. 2)Yes, why wouldn't he? 3) Of course he was, his main goal is to take then down. 4) Liquid Ocelot acted for all intents and purposes EXACTLY how Liquid would. If Liquid was put in the exact situations "Liquid Ocelot" went through, he would do the same things, it depends on what you mean "a good guy".

5) He was Ocelot, but hypnotized himself and implanted nanomachines to make himself believe he was Liquid and act like him. 6) He fought Snake to settle the score. Remember, "Liquid Ocelot" WAS Liquid.

---
Guns of The Patriots!
#4YoungAdultLinkPosted 1/19/2011 12:03:40 PM
I don't believe that Liquid actually knew about the Patriots during the first game. I think that Ocelot just convinced him that he could prove himself to be like Big Boss.
---
GT: banannabutcher
JUS Friend Code: 1590-3895-1509
#5ScoobySnackPosted 1/19/2011 3:13:30 PM
I don't believe that Liquid actually knew about the Patriots during the first game.

In The Darkness Of Shadow Moses says otherwise.
---
"Kirumessenja, Kaosu Riron.."
Kill The Messenger, Chaos Theory
#6YoungAdultLinkPosted 1/19/2011 5:45:53 PM
Should really read that, sometime. I only played through the Solid games and watched playthroughs of the old MSX games.
---
GT: banannabutcher
JUS Friend Code: 1590-3895-1509