WOW wtf SERIOUSLY

#1SolidSaiyanPosted 5/18/2012 8:58:57 PM
Ok so ive been a huge mgs fan for a looong time now. I got bought mgs 4 probably about a year after it came out since i didnt own a ps3 at the time and never got a chance to play it online since i havent really had a great internet connection until now....

So today i start digging through my old games i havent played in a while and i see mgs4 and im like oh i bet i can play this online now. So i start playing it online and instanty LOVE IT and played it for about 4 hours straight. So i do a little research into expansions and extra content for the game and i come across an article about the SERVERS SHUTTING DOWN next month. Are you effing kidding me WHY. Why would you shut down servers for a game that alot of people still play THIS COMPLETE BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW and on top of this i just saw a trailer for the this new raiden metal gear bs game

wtf the metal gear series is really just shoving the pistol down there throat now...yah lets kill off snake and make raiden the star of metal gear and shut down the mgo servers YAH alright good job

..clowns
#2guythesamuraiPosted 5/18/2012 9:23:51 PM
Um....So you are raging because you start playing the online feature of a game that has been out for nearly 4 years just to find out that it's shutting down?

....Bit late to the party dontcha think? -_-
---
PSN: guythesamurai
#3riddlebox89Posted 5/19/2012 1:36:10 AM
Why would they shut the servers down?

Because they're not making enough money to warrant keeping them online, and they're already running servers for Peace Walker, and are soon to be running servers for Rising, as well as whatever other games they come out with.

Don't forget that not alot of online games last as long as MGO2 did, to be honest i'm surprised it's been up for almost four years already.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#4PhaildPosted 5/19/2012 3:27:46 AM
I've never seen so much uninformed fanboy rage. :/
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
On you feet, come with me. We are soldiers, stand or die
#5TrulyEpicLawlsPosted 5/19/2012 7:52:38 AM
At least it wasn't published by EA. The servers would've been taken offline about a month after release. -_-
---
The two argument-winning fads of forums: 1) Say 'calm down'. 2) Anyone with a view/opinion different to yours must be a troll, so you must therefore state this.
#6InvigorateMe69_Posted 5/19/2012 9:56:52 AM
TrulyEpicLawls posted...
At least it wasn't published by EA. The servers would've been taken offline about a month after release. -_-

Lol haha wtf are you talking about you dopefiend? Haha i hate EA as much as normal people should, but seriously look at a bunch of their old games that still have servers. Every battlefield game, including the first BC, and more
#7Solid_SebPosted 5/19/2012 10:20:05 AM
Just be glad you made it in time for account creation. And you already have the expansions.

But tbh, I think a big part of why they're shutting it down is because all the criminals attacking the servers every single day are starting to do some damage. The game is noticeably slower than it used to be, and there are alot more bugs alot more frequently.

Hopefully they invest in some DDoS protection for the next installment.
#8TrulyEpicLawlsPosted 5/19/2012 10:49:43 AM
InvigorateMe69_ posted...
Lol haha wtf are you talking about you dopefiend? Haha i hate EA as much as normal people should, but seriously look at a bunch of their old games that still have servers. Every battlefield game, including the first BC, and more

The servers are up, but the support has been taken away. They pretend the game doesn't exist after a few years. They still sell them of course, mo' money mo' money, but if you buy Battlefield 2142 for 10 and then for some reason at their end it doesn't work or you hit a wall, they block you from using their live chat system (if you really really want to talk to Indians who can't speak English) and tell the players to sort it out for themselves. Since we're not the guys who made the game, solutions are never found. Googling a solution to a problem you're having with an EA game, even new ones like Sims 3, is a pointless task because you'll usually just find a hundred dead threads.

Obviously I was exaggerating with how quickly they kill the servers, but with many of their franchises they take the servers down within a year. Peed me off with World Cup 2010 too - they took them down because of Euro 2012. Few problems though: 1) When they took the servers down, it wasn't even the year 2012, let alone Euro 2012. 2) There will never be another 2010 or 2010 World Cup, so they're not going to lose sales keeping the servers up. 3) Euro 2012 requires FIFA 2012 anyway!
---
The two argument-winning fads of forums: 1) Say 'calm down'. 2) Anyone with a view/opinion different to yours must be a troll, so you must therefore state this.
#9SolidSaiyan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2012 2:03:21 PM
instead of wasting money on making that stupid mgs HD crap, they should just revamp mgo
#10guythesamuraiPosted 5/19/2012 6:59:34 PM
MGS HD crap....you kidding?

I'd MUUUCCCCHHHHH rather play MGS2 and MGS3 HD than a revamped MGO...seriously it's your own damn fault for taking so long to look into the online so stop pointing the finger at Konami -__-
---
PSN: guythesamurai