Official Metal Gear Solid 4 - 2.0 Patch Topic **Trophies & Install Data**

#1Shiek120Posted 8/6/2012 3:22:33 AMmessage detail
With the brand new Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots patch (2.0) being released, a ton of questions and topics have arisen in regards to what exactly is in the patch and what is possible. This topic will cover these points, in an effort to avoid any further topics asking the same exact questions! Hopefully you all find this helpful. If something isn't answered here, there's a search function at the bottom of the board, give that a try. If it isn't answered then, make a topic! Please do not post until the topic is complete

I. Release Information
II. Trophy Support
III. Install Data
IV. F.A.Q.

I. Release Information
The 2.0 Patch for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots was released on Sunday, August 5th, 2012 (5.8.2012) in Europe, Japan, and Australia. The 2.0 Patch was released in North America early August 6th, 2012. The patch is aprox. 498 MB, containing trophy support, cumulative install support, and removing Metal Gear Online data.

II. Trophy Support
This recent patch will add support for the long-awaited trophies for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. These trophies will have to be obtained on a brand new save file, and cannot be earned on any prior save files. Save files downloaded from the internet will not work, as trophies can only be earned as an event triggers in game (As in, you cannot download a save where someone has earned everything and expect the trophies to unlock). Listed below , in the second post, is a complete list of trophies, including hidden trophies. WARNING, SPOILERS MAY BE AMONG TROPHY DESCRIPTIONS

III. Install Data
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots has allowed had a brief install session in between chapters. This would include a background cutscene of Old Snake smoking a cigarette. Now, you have the option from the main menu to enable a Cumulative Install. This install will allow the user to install all chapter data at one time, instead of in between chapters. However, you will still have the ability to install in between chapters. The Cumulative Install will take up a little over 9 GB.

IV. Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be able to use my old save to earn trophies? Either with New Game+ or loading up my old save that has a Big Boss Emblem?
No, all prior saves before Patch 2.0 are not able to receive trophies. In order to receive trophies, you will need to select New Game and create a completely separate file.

Am I required to do a big install? My HDD isn't very big.
No, you are not. You have the option to do installs in between chapters as well.

Will I still be able to attempt to log-in to Metal Gear Online?
No. Metal Gear Online is no longer listed in the main menu. As far as you'll be able to tell, it never existed.

Can I enter in passwords to obtain weapons and items and still earn trophies?
Yes, and it is almost necessary to obtain all trophies. The Scanning Plug needs to be unlocked with a password, as we can no longer play Metal Gear Online to unlock it.

How long does the patch take? How about the install?
It all depends on your connection and the transfers going on when you download the patch. The patch took 10 minutes for me to download, and the full install took the same amount of time.

** DO NOT REPLY YET **
---
I'm a Celtic.
#2Shiek120(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 3:22:38 AMmessage detail
(CONTINUED)

**Trophy List:

The Legendary Hero - Platinum
Obtained all trophies

Liquid Sun - Bronze
Cleared Act 1 (Middle East)

Solid Sun - Bronze
Cleared Act 2 (South America)

Third Sun - Bronze
Cleared Act 3 (Eastern Europe)

Twin Suns - Bronze
Cleared Act 4 (Shadow Moses)

Old Sun - Bronze
Cleared Act 5 (Outer Haven)

You enjoy all the killing, that's why - Bronze
Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited

Laughing Octopus Doll - Bronze
Defeated Laughing Octopus by non-lethal means, and obtained the Laughing Octopus Doll.

Frog Soldier Doll - Bronze
Escaped the Haven Troopers in the Middle East by non-lethal means, and obtained the Frog Soldier Doll

Raging Raven Doll - Bronze
Defeated Raging Raven by non-lethal means, and obtained the Raging Raven Doll.

Crying Wolf Doll - Bronze
Defeated Crying Wolf by non-lethal means, and obtained the Crying Wolf Doll.

Screaming Mantis Doll - Bronze
Defeated Screaming Mantis by non-lethal means, and obtained the Screaming Mantis Doll.

Divine Wind - Silver
Caused a "divine wind" using the Tanegashima.

Handle with Caution - Bronze
Broke off the most important part of a statue.

Hands Up! - Bronze
Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.

Flashback Mania - Gold
Viewed all flashbacks.

SUNLIGHT! - Silver
Obtained the Solar Gun.

Sounds of the Battlefield - Gold
Obtained all iPodŽ tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).

I Just Don't Fear Death - Silver
Ended ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.

I am THE expert on weapons - Gold
Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).

Infinite ammo - Gold
Obtained the Bandana.

Stealth Camouflage - Gold
Obtained the Stealth Camouflage.

Ghost Photography Addict - Silver
Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.

FaceCamo Addict - Silver
Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).

Can you feel my power now!!!? - Silver
Took control of an enemy soldier's body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.

Emotion Control - Bronze
Controlled an enemy soldier's emotions using an Emotive Magazine.

Hurt me more! - Bronze
Shocked an enemy soldier using Mk. II/III.

Drum Can Addict - Bronze
Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can.

Crop Circle - Silver
Found a crop circle and heard a mysterious voice.

Are you an Otaku too? - Silver
Viewed all model posters.

You're pretty good. - Silver
Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.

That Tune Is His Mind Control Music - Bronze
Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.

Overhead view -- just like old times... - Bronze
Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.

LIQUID! - Bronze
Piloted Metal Gear REX and screamed at your enemy.

----------------------------------

And that completes this topic. Feel free to reply now. I hope you've found this helpful. If you have, and you think others may as well, you can request to sticky this topic. Thanks!
---
I'm a Celtic.
#33D3Posted 8/6/2012 3:55:00 AMmessage detail
So how do you do...

That Tune Is His Mind Control Music

I have no idea what do to do.

You enjoy all the killing, that's why

Where's a good spot to do this? I don't ever remember killing so many people to vomit.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#4hikari198Posted 8/6/2012 3:58:50 AMmessage detail
3D3 posted...
So how do you do...

Where's a good spot to do this? I don't ever remember killing so many people to vomit.

1)Play Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.

When a beast is in her beauty form, don't attack her and run around. Soon you will enter a white room. Play the song listed above to make them dance.

2)Right after you get the drum can in Act 1, The militia will spawn forever at the left side of the starting point. Kill them 50 times to vomit.
---
Battlefield 3 Battlelog Stats
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/phys1calk1ller/stats/174731922/ps3/
#53D3Posted 8/6/2012 4:06:07 AMmessage detail
hikari198 posted...
3D3 posted...
So how do you do...

When a beast is in her beauty form, don't attack her and run around. Soon you will enter a white room. Play the song listed above to make them dance.

2)Right after you get the drum can in Act 1, The militia will spawn forever at the left side of the starting point. Kill them 50 times to vomit.

So do you just play that tune with the ipod? Is that a song we get by default or do we have to do something to unlock it?
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#6LostHisHardcorePosted 8/6/2012 4:06:14 AMmessage detail
Shiek120 posted...
III. Install Data
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots has allowed had a brief install session in between chapters.

"Brief" lol. It got shorter I'll agree with but the first two were in no way brief.
---
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
"I'm you, I'm your shadow!"
#7hikari198Posted 8/6/2012 4:09:02 AMmessage detail
3D3 posted...
hikari198 posted...
3D3 posted...
So how do you do...

So do you just play that tune with the ipod? Is that a song we get by default or do we have to do something to unlock it?

You start with it
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/phys1calk1ller/stats/174731922/ps3/
#8Orasion_SeizPosted 8/6/2012 4:56:54 AMmessage detail
Will I be able to use my old save to earn trophies? Either with New Game+ or loading up my old save that has a Big Boss Emblem?
No, all prior saves before Patch 2.0 are not able to receive trophies. In order to receive trophies, you will need to select New Game and create a completely separate file.

So why do i see some people playing already in Extreme mode difficulty going for the BBE?
---
A cell phone holds all a girl's sweetest and spiciest secrets! - Phoenix Wright
#9hikari198Posted 8/6/2012 5:05:01 AMmessage detail
Orasion_Seiz posted...

So why do i see some people playing already in Extreme mode difficulty going for the BBE?

Because TBE is already unlocked. You need to start a New Game but if you already have a save from before the patch, you can play Extreme right off the bat.
---
#10Snorlax_exlaxPosted 8/6/2012 5:11:12 AMmessage detail
Sticky Requested
---
PSN : exChardude /// JP PSN : SNORLAXex
~A True Knight~