Warming Up a Planet

#1Commander_BoskoPosted 9/9/2008 7:49:26 AM
The mission I am currently on I have to terraform this planet into a T1 planet. I have the atmosphere at the right level, but the planet is too cold. How do I warm it up?
#2SlyClone2kPosted 9/9/2008 7:50:23 AM
Find the meteor shower tool at an allied planet - make sure you dont get Ice Storm instead.

---
"doen 3 times making will wright head pop up the 3 times - i barley did it" - Freded1234
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Quoth - XBLA-GT: QuothAge
#3Lord BladePosted 9/9/2008 7:53:09 AM
Meteor Shower or Heat Ray works wonders.
---
You can't spell "ignorance" without IGN.
#4Commander_Bosko(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2008 8:00:53 AM
tyvm
#5NeonivekPosted 9/9/2008 8:02:33 AM
Just a tip: When you find the heat or cold ray... BUY IT!!!

It saves you a TON of cash in the Short AND Long Run... (Dang Overpriced Teraforming devices)
---
Gamefaqs/Gamespot Sporepedia Tag= GFAQS
Sporepedia: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=srch-Neonivek
#6FubarjurphPosted 9/9/2008 8:34:04 AM
There are two axes (temperature / pressure) you can adjust to terraform. You can add or subtract either, so you have four one-shot devices for those simple fixes:

- atmosphere generator
- drought generator
- ice storm
- meteor storm

Each costs about $150K, does a static amount of heating/cooling/whatever, and is a one-shot. Then you also have the ship hardware that uses ship energy to do the same effect. These cost $450K (base, discounts available with friendly or allied planets) but they have a bunch of advantages. First of all they turn battery power (free at home, or at least dirt-cheap) into terraforming. Second, they can be used for major or minor adjustments, so you don't run into the problem of blowing a $150K one-shot and finding that it didn't quite get you to T2... and now you need to go back and buy two of them. In other words, the $450K price tag is exactly what you would spend on a single botched terraforming run.

The ship add-ons are unlocked by doing environmental missions, but I think you can get there by just bringing wildlife to a bunch of new planets. Once you get the add-ons, the game changes drastically - for an all-green player (peaceful/shaman) you can spend your whole energy reserve on terraforming a planet, then "hearthstone" home and recharge for free... which means you can make all of your colonies T3 with maxed-out turrets. The colony upgrades are still expensive, but the terraforming is essentially free.

TL;DR - Buy the ship addons, and don't waste your money on one-shots!