Helpful Tips You May Not Know

#31FlashbackJonPosted 9/26/2008 6:46:39 AMmessage detail
I always got 25. Strange.
#32ShadonicPosted 9/26/2008 7:25:14 AMmessage detail
Creature phase:
can confirm its 25 DNA for eating eggs as well.

Tribal Phase:
easy way to pacify enemies in tribal stage : go around giving a gift to your enemy, then playing music for them, make them your friend, but dont make them your ally. you will then be able to repeat this for each and every other tribe, and as long as you dont conquer or ally another tribe, you will only need one set of instruments, and can then spend time amassing food.

Cell Phase:
you can beat cells 8x your size with a pair of large, well placed spikes. preferabley at a 45* angle from your mouth, just keep poking them in THEIR mouth xD

---
no, she thought, 'you can't let boys go around raining on your lava and ogling other peoples watercolours!'
#33RogueJedi86Posted 9/26/2008 5:22:36 PMmessage detail
I looked around in the manual, and the # paint mode things are on page 26 in the manual, if anyone wants to see what it says.

Ctrl 1 and Ctrl 2 are for painting multiple parts or regions.
Ctrl 1 is for painting the same region on all blocks.
Ctrl 2 is for painting the same region on all blacks that are identical.

Alt 3/4/5 is for Eyedropper.
3 is Color Only
4 is Texture Only
5 is Color and Texture
---
"It was like the Galactic Senate, but... all DEER HEADS."
#34INSANEcyborgPosted 9/30/2008 8:18:23 PMmessage detail
Space:

After selling spice, it takes a while before the price changes. If you find a good price, you can sell what you have, get more, and sell a second batch before the price drops. You can even make a third trip if your fast and have enough sources of spice nearby.

You can force other races to expand their empire by allying with them and then asking them to attack other planets. You can either keep sending them in until they win or go in and help, just don't capture it yourself. Having them expand does 2 things; first it improves their rating, which makes their ships and turrets have more health. Good if your planning on keeping them an ally. Second is it gives you more places to buy from, which is great if they sell something cheap that you want a lot of it (like half priced planet busters).
---
I would like to point out that I am pointing something out right now.
#35topgamer94Posted 9/30/2008 10:09:59 PMmessage detail
cell:
. herbivore, carnivore or omnivore, it doesn't matter, always put a spike in the back and it will be impossible for things to hurt you when chasing you

creature:
. when you migrate for the first time don't go to a beach nest, because if you do you will be forced out the second time you migrate making it so that you cant have a coastal tribe and city. A coastal tribe makes it faster to fish, and a coastal city makes it so you can have boats in the beginning which will really help.

Tribe
. when attacking another tribe try this method: get 3 or 4 hammer guys and the rest throwing spears, then when you attack make all your guys attack one guy then once he is dead pause and then make everybody attack another guy. This really helps when fighting a large amount of guys.
. this works for tribe and civ, if one of your buildings is about to be destroyed pause and sell it. If you are on easy you will get full back and hard you will get half(I think) Im not sure about medium. This works really good with turrets because you can just sell it and then put another one there right away.
(sorry nothing for civ)

Space
. I just found this out I don't know if its helpful or not but if you are in the galaxy(not in a solar system) and you go to a system that you have never been to before, if you zoom in enough the names of the planets and the little colored ring things can appear when you put your mouse over the system without you going into the system. The only way this helped me was because I was bored and I was looking for a civilization and it saved a lot of time because I didn't have to go into every system and put my mouse over every planet to find it. I don't know if this helps at all but whatever.
#36RogueJedi86Posted 10/2/2008 9:52:47 PMmessage detail
I hate to sound newbish, but how do you use a pre-made creation in the creators/editors? Or is that not available on the first playthrough? I haven't found an option to even import existing creations.
---
"It was like the Galactic Senate, but... all DEER HEADS."
#37Devil_DanPosted 10/3/2008 3:44:01 AMmessage detail
In city planer there is a button next to each vehicle/building type, that looks like nine small squares, that takes you to the sporepedia, where you can choose. When in the editor, just open the sporepedia with the button in the lower left corner and double-click what you want.
#38Alien ManPosted 10/3/2008 4:04:23 AMmessage detail
creature:
. when you migrate for the first time don't go to a beach nest, because if you do you will be forced out the second time you migrate making it so that you cant have a coastal tribe and city. A coastal tribe makes it faster to fish, and a coastal city makes it so you can have boats in the beginning which will really help.

You can go back to a coastal nest and mate there to make it you home nest again.
---
What now...?
#39alphasoldierPosted 10/3/2008 4:20:08 AMmessage detail
You know, just reading the Spore-Guide would cover about 9/10th of these 'Tips', AKA, read the manual if you want some tips.

Now here's a tip you won't find in the guide, Placing colonies where you want. It's simple, pick a spot, raise the terrain to a high spiral mountain, not a plateau, grab your colony-thingy, fly in front of the spiral, aim the colony somewhere where you CAN place it, So you DO need a planet with spice on it, and launch it so that it hits the spire, Voila, you have a colony right where you want it, it's possible to get colonies closer together, or to place colonies right next to spice.
Pic: http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sporetricolonywk3.jpg
---
Alphasoldier
Produced by Omega-Techs
#40acangialPosted 10/3/2008 4:39:33 AMmessage detail
Thanks for your contribution.
---
"The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done." -George W. Bush, Greeley, Colo., Nov. 4, 2006
More topics from this board...
SporeSporeProfession110/6 1:24AM