Vista problem after install

#1dextorbootPosted 9/1/2008 2:49:52 PM
So I have a new Vista PC I'm trying to load this game on because my XP machine is crapping out. I've only installed a hand full of programs on it (Zune, Office...) but this game is causing a horrid problem. I can install the game just fine but when I reboot the PC it says it can't start windows and then automatically goes back to an earlier version (without everything I've installed). All of my files from the programs I've installed are there, just not installed. I know I need to update the software protection that comes with the game, but it says it can't find any when I try to. Any help would be appreciated.
#2IntricationZPosted 9/5/2008 11:35:50 PM
Its starforce. some people claimed to get around it but most people (like me) have not been able to.
---
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no Cake.
#3blankminded34Posted 9/11/2008 3:47:43 AM

*cough*download reloaded*cough*

thats how i got around it and its not pirating if you own the game

#4Bonesdb69Posted 9/11/2008 6:50:08 PM
Go to the StarForce website and update the driver
---
With My M4 I'm Not A Soldier... I'm An Army
#5dextorboot(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2008 8:42:47 PM
^ I tried, but it won't update, like already said. It says it can't find anything to update.
#6MudcakedPosted 9/20/2008 2:50:58 PM

Starforce Vista Workaround.

Earned in Blood will need to be installed on an alternate PC running XP if available.

Copy the installation folder (Whatever you named it) onto your Vista PC.

If you have Road to Hill 30, simply copy that game executable and place in your new Earned in Blood Folder.

Then run the Road to Hill 30 Exe in your earned in blood folder. Earned in Blood will play.

(This will require both an alternate PC or dual boot setup and the original BiA Game (or simply the .exe).

You should have no further problems after this.