Anyone else think the graphics are really cluttered?

#1ianpwilliamsPosted 10/21/2011 12:35:01 PM

I'm only early on, but I can hardly see what's going on with the isometric view, especially when lots of units and buildings are next to each other.

I'm also stuck on a really early level. It's the one where some horseman is waiting on a bridge while I build up my town, and then we are supposed to go over and take over the enemy's town. But there doesn't seem to be a town to take over. Just barracks and stuff.

#2obiwankenobi246Posted 10/24/2011 1:21:12 PM
Hmmm I never really had an issue with the graphics and/or the view. I guess i can kinda see what you mean. Although I think the gamemakers did the best with what they had. Can you think of an improvement to the graphics/view?

And I think I know what mission you are talking about. Are there two buildings? A barracks and a town center?
---
They say you never know what you've got until its gone
#3ianpwilliams(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2011 2:22:07 PM

I dunno. Maybe they could have an option to change the angle of the isometric view or something. I suppose it's playable anyway.

As for the mission, I'm not sure. It's the very first mission where you actually build up a town and a few troops, and you are supposed to capture the enemy's town. So I got over there, and couldn't find what the game was specifically referring to, so I started destroying things. Eventually it said "you need to capture the town, not destroy it!". But I can't get whats-her-name (the one on the horse) to capture anyway, only attack.

#4obiwankenobi246Posted 10/24/2011 5:28:33 PM
Oh I see. You need to destroy the British town center, but leave the other buildings. Build a town center of your own where the old one was. On the day this town center is completed, all the town buildings will be yours. This is how you capture a town. They didn't make this very clear in the instructions. Its a common mistake; I didn't get the first time I played it either.

Hope you enjoy this game! It's one of my all-time favorites.
---
#5ianpwilliams(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2011 11:45:05 PM

Oh ok, thanks for that! Yeah, they could have helped me out a bit!

#6obiwankenobi246Posted 10/25/2011 3:07:20 PM
Yeah, sorry about your trouble. Thanks for asking, though. This board may look dead, but there are still those of us here who love this game and are glad to help anyone who needs it. We are always up for a good challenge, too. :)
---