SW:BF3 was "99% complete"

#1MashYouGoodPosted 11/30/2012 1:14:40 PM
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/ex-free-radical-dev-star-wars-battlefront-iii-was-99-percent-complete/

Wow. Just... wow ~_~
#2landok15doolaPosted 11/30/2012 1:40:03 PM
Even if financial reasons was the reason for them cancelling it, for 99% complete that just irks me -_-
#3Pigeon_SenpaiPosted 12/1/2012 7:38:55 AM
That article made me cry inside. Can they just get someone else to release the thing?
---
The official Luke Fon Fabre of all boards.
#4MashYouGood(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 1:52:53 AM
It blows my mind that someone is sitting on a near-complete multi million seller, but holds such a grudge or is simply so dim that they would rather let the work stagnate into irrelevance than to release it and make money.

Why bother with rubbish like TFU and 1313 when people want to play Star Wars they way it was meant to be played--a game that's already there, ready to go?
#5jakezing33Posted 12/3/2012 11:00:25 AM
MashYouGood posted...
It blows my mind that someone is sitting on a near-complete multi million seller, but holds such a grudge or is simply so dim that they would rather let the work stagnate into irrelevance than to release it and make money.

Why bother with rubbish like TFU and 1313 when people want to play Star Wars they way it was meant to be played--a game that's already there, ready to go?

star wars was meant to be played as a third person shooter with objective based gameplay where you spent almost all your time as a foot soldier?
---
Have you accepted Twilight Sparkle into your life?"
#6MashYouGood(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:04:18 AM
Star Wars.

Not 'Star Generic Han Solo Wannabe' or 'Star Overpowered Down's Syndrome Jar Jar Jedi' or 'Star Dance Dance Revolution' or...
#7ThePyreThatBurnsPosted 12/4/2012 10:39:34 AM
Ignoring the war of words between the anonymous LA employee and Ellis, I am inclined to think that Ellis is lying.

Why?

Because of another game that EA cancelled: Thrill Kill.

Thrill Kill was a game that was almost finished when EA pulled the plug. When the plug was pulled, the ad campaign had already begun. PSM had previews. Move lists had hit both print and internet. Ads were in circulation. The ad campaign was already running when Thrill Kill got canned.

Ellis has made the earlier claim that they were only 3-4 weeks out. Ignoring past history (TFU2 was at a similar point which is why it got rushed out the door before everyone was canned), the lack of an ad campaign makes the claims suspicious. Print ads have to be submitted a couple months in advance. It takes time to cut and edit video ads. As we all know, ad campaigns for a Star Wars game start WELL in advance of the game's release.

Yet, all we have for Battlefront 3 is that one pre-alpha video.

I think that this is more a case of Ellis trying to deflect his own company's failure onto the popular scapegoat known as Lucasarts. The fact that the last game that Free Radical made was Haze reinforces my perception.
---
As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy-Abraham Lincoln
#8jakezing33Posted 12/4/2012 2:42:32 PM
MashYouGood posted...
Star Wars.

Not 'Star Generic Han Solo Wannabe' or 'Star Overpowered Down's Syndrome Jar Jar Jedi' or 'Star Dance Dance Revolution' or...

what about the movies ever gave the idea star wars was meant to be played as a third person objective FPS?
---
Have you accepted Twilight Sparkle into your life?"
#9MashYouGood(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:27:11 PM
^ I dare say even Jabba could see more than his sluggy arms from the forearms down and a floating aiming reticule.
#10MashYouGood(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:33:08 PM
Two sides to every story, there is:

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/ex-lucasarts-dev-star-wars-battlefront-iii-99-percent-claim-is-just-bullst/
More topics from this board...
All You Need to Know FAQoblivion_6664097/3 4:38PM