Why is this game 34.99

#1SexPantherPandaPosted 6/8/2012 2:06:01 PM
Went to GameStop and its 34.99?? God they are scum I can't wait till they go under next gen.
#2DarkSlayer487Posted 7/6/2012 5:03:33 PM
Because it was the last good NFS game.

NFS was pure gold up until Underground hit. It became Need for the Fast and Furious Speed.

This game was a HUGE turn around and took the game back towards its roots, Carbon was an attempted improvement upon that. A little too much like Underground but it was still good enough to be called Need for Speed.

Then Pro Street. Pure crap.
Then Need for Speed Forza........err Shift. Even bigger crap.

Then we have Criterion Fail. Hot Pursuit was a steaming POS with one of the worst physics engines I've ever seen in a racing game and now the new Most Wanted uses the SAME F****** ENGINE....

RAGE
---
Daily Driver : 1988 Trans Am GTA. Those little Ricers are cute with the fartcan muffler.....but they get me back at the gas pump.
#3VirtuousKingPosted 7/18/2012 4:52:28 PM
Once more without hyperbole.

Most Wanted is viewed by many as the apex of NFS.

Underground revitalized the series with different race type beside sprint and circuit (knockout is technically just circuit) and the ability to customize your car's look and performance. It had more vivacious tracks than NFS had seen to date. It dropped certain highlights like police chases and super exotic cars, but it made up for it in gameplay.

Underground 2 added a lot to the series with the contribution of the free roam map. If you were racing a section of the city that you knew, you might have foreknowledge of an upcoming shortcut or a plase where you could pull a dirty maneuver. The game went a little overboard on customization, allowing you to add gullwing door, split hoods, and sound systems that you would never see while driving through the city. It also had far too many useless vehicles that only saw use in utilizing the aforementioned useless customization. A fully pimped H2 has no use in this game. The game was still grand, and really the only flaw was too much fluff.

Then along came Most Wanted. This game took the best of Underground and brought back some old school NFS as well. Customization was present (although diminished to about half of what the first Underground offered), a grand free-roam map was there with three large distinct areas to race in, and the old school carryovers came in with exotic cars and police chases. The blacklist races offer several different styles of races, some of which were styled as "pursuits." Pursuit is where the real fun on game is. Totaling cop cars, dodging spike strips, outrunning chase helicopters - this is the stuff you would write home about.

The graphics still hold up. The soundtrack is good (and not overbearing like the Undergrounds). The game does not disappoint. Except the storyline acting; that does disappoint.

Carbon altered the gameplay up a little adding race mates and canyon duels, but the cars handled a little differently and the four sections of the map didn't flow into each other as well as Most Wanted's did. Still a solid (yet glitchy) title, but it doesn't hold up to Most Wanted.
---
R.I.P. Junk Bludgeo'd For Hammer, But Always In Our Hearts. 176 Damage, Nevar Forget.
#4corex3dPosted 7/28/2012 9:06:49 AM
because its the last great NFS game they made imo
#5bull5786Posted 7/30/2012 12:54:01 PM
Because it's worth it.
---
GT: Bull2855
Walk swiftly and carry a big gun (Space Marines)
#6SexPantherPanda(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2012 8:44:52 AM
Thx for the replays
#7grandmasstterPosted 8/5/2012 4:29:58 PM
Best NFS game
---
One time, my cousin Walter got a cat stuck up his ass, true story...
#8DarkSlayer487Posted 8/5/2012 5:03:56 PM(edited)
VirtuousKing posted...

Underground revitalized the series with different race type beside sprint and circuit (knockout is technically just circuit) and the ability to customize your car's look and performance. It had more vivacious tracks than NFS had seen to date. It dropped certain highlights like police chases and super exotic cars, but it made up for it in gameplay.

Underground 2 added a lot to the series with the contribution of the free roam map. If you were racing a section of the city that you knew, you might have foreknowledge of an upcoming shortcut or a plase where you could pull a dirty maneuver. The game went a little overboard on customization, allowing you to add gullwing door, split hoods, and sound systems that you would never see while driving through the city. It also had far too many useless vehicles that only saw use in utilizing the aforementioned useless customization. A fully pimped H2 has no use in this game. The game was still grand, and really the only flaw was too much fluff.

Too much fluff...and the COMPLETE lack of any exotic/muscle cars ( Aside from the GTO ). It was Need for Speed Fast and Furious Edition. Gone were Lamborghinis, Porsches, Ferraris, Aston Martin, Mercedes-Benz and McLarens. The core of ANY racing game is its car selection. And I'm sorry but ANY racing game that doesn't have a massive car list and puts in a ******* HONDA CIVIC is a complete and utter failure.

I was under the impression the game was called Need for SPEED not Need for Weedwacking Fartcannon.

The ONLY thing Underground/2 added was Free Roam and a shining example of what a NFS game should NEVER be.

NFS went from this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdPFQafaYxY
to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG82JNkknTs except without the cop chases.
---
" I think YOLO is just Carpe Diem for stupid people "